• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peppin' Ain't Easy..."3/5King's 2012"

GLOG =Good Looking Older Gentlemen or maybe Got Lot's of Gas......Today I'm going to have to go with both.....TMI....I think not.

So this will be my first GLOG. Enjoy Everyone.

Grow List

Brain Strain 7
Jonah 7
Yellow 7
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Naga Morich
Chocolate Scorpion

Tepin
Pekin
White Habanero
CGN 21500
Fatalii Yellow
Fatalii White
Aji Lemon Drop
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Long Chocolate Habanero

Should have the grow area set up and seeds germing by February 15th

Hey everyone. I updated the Pepper Pent House grow, so I figured Plant Hollywood needed an update too. I didn't realize how much they have grown since 3/21/2012 until I scrolled up tonight and looked at the pic I posted. Dang, things are going better than I thought! lol, not so many problems with the grow at my house (I get to take care of it on a daily basis) I was thinking of adding another light though. I'm only around 2000 lumens a sqft right now. I swear I added it up last time and it came out different......oh well. Still good growth. Here's a looksy. I'm scared that cabbage is going to take off and run a muck before plant out lol.....that's what I get for taking in the riff raff
snooty.gif

Plant Hollywood
IMG_1547.jpg

Red Habanero
IMG_1548.jpg

Peach Bhut
IMG_1549.jpg

TS Moruga
IMG_1550.jpg

By the way, I ordered some Beef Jerky from PexPeppers and he sent me some Revenge BBQ Sauce and some Habanero/Superhot powder mix.......It was delicious....pay attention to was..lol. The day I got, I finished the jerky. A half pounds worth. I dipped it in the Revenge and sprinkled some powder on it. OMG I was in heaven. So good. If you haven't tried any, I highly recommend getting some. They say pic or it didn't happen......

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

So you made a makeshift spoon out of jerky, dipped it in some hot BBQ sauce and threw some Superhot powder on it? Damn that sounds delicious.

Dengggg 3/5!! The plot and plants look great!! You guys did a great job working that plot, can't even tell it was only clay before! Should get some nice harvests this year, and remember to save a video review (a few!!) for the box of fire I will send your way some time this season! ;) Keep the updates coming!

Melissa

KiNGDeNNiZ-What up boss? Shhhhhh, my plants are like the Barry Bonds and Mark Maguires of the plant game. I feed them Xnutrients, BioFoliar foliar spray and Epsom salt.

Thanks Sawdust! We just overwatered them last night....whoops lol

Mezo- Hey buddy! Thanks for gracing my pages with your presence. They get son from around 9am to 3pm then they are in the shade but the summer sun is higher in the sky so they will be getting a little more come summer. After seeing Mellisa's glog, I'm thinkin' bout it!

Stc3248-thanks man! Yes those would be the Brain Strains....lol. They are freaks of nature. I can attribute that to the Xnutrients and foliar feeding. Now if I could just stop stressing the hell out of them...maybe they could get some good use out of those elephant ears.

ScovilleCeack- lol, I love the name buddy! Yes, I bought the sauce, powder and jerky from my buddy Pexpeppers and I told him I would eat all three at once and document it....hahaha. So I took some jerk, scooped up some BBQ and dusted it with powder..it was delicious. I ended up dipping the rest of the jerky in the sauce as I ate it. Sooooo flavorful, I couldn't stop.

Mellisa77754-helllooooo beeeeeeebe. Now how am I lucky enough to have a gorgeous green thumb like you admiring my handy work. God is good. Well it's not quite as large a garden as yours but they say size doesn't matter....right...yes, thank you, the ground took some workin, we put around 8 yards of compost in that plot. We took it from Clay Aiken and turned it into Kid Rock. When you send me some of your fine chiles, I will be sure to make a few candid videos for you Mrs. Greenthumb.

Mr. Squatch! Brother, how the hell is it going man. lmao, I was just looking at the shed in these pictures and noticing how awful it looks compared to not noticing it when I'm over there....oh god, it sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it....a sore green thumb that is. DA BEARS! We need to get a THP fantasy league going this fall!!! I'm going to make it happen..thanks for stoppin' by Seth.

Jamison- Thanks bro. Always a pleasure to have you swing by the glog. You'll have to swing by and try some fresh chiles out with me once they start poppin' off.

Here's a few more pics I couldn't fit the last time. (From my home grow)

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Nice Sah, That shizz-nay, is looking mighty fan-say I do Say! Healthy and GREEN with some superb branching on some of those dudes. They're going to look like small oak trees bro, "you sir, the small branchy-face there, I shall call you....Little Oakington" if your garden had a small king...maybe three fifths the size of a regular 3/5 King, that stood on an acorn and mushroom encrusted stool, I'm sure something along those lines would muttered. Good Vibes and Good Growing!

Hahaha-that sounds about right. I need to find me a noble gnome and fit him with a crown. He will hold a sign that says, Holy Shit that's hot! I need to get Paris Hilton to do some PR for my plants she will be holding a pod and say "That's Hot".

Update: Plants are not doing too well....it is very sad and frustrating. There were a few that after planted wilted a little and have just stayed that way. Water doesn't fix the problem. Now the rest of the plants seem to be showing signs of stress. Some yellowing, some upward leaf curl. Some have whole leaves that are yellow. There is a definite problem. I am going to have the PH of the soil tested tomorrow. I am fearing that all of the compost we added has dropped the PH level and the soil has become Alkaline. It is the only thing I can think of that would have an effect on all of the plants.

I will start with the PH testing and move on from there. I am trying to stay positive and figure this out. I tell you it is maddening when this happens. So much time invested and to see them doing so well through out the last three months, I was expecting them to explode after a week in their new home but instead I get this. Well, it won't be the first mountain I've had to climb....I'm sure it won't be the last either.

The plants at my house are doing alright....lol. So at least I don't have a problem there. Take the good with the bad. I'm going to whip these plants into shape if it kills me!!

Over and out...

Yo. King. Here is the deal. I was told by a friend and long time grower (Pepp3r Freak) that the plants will look like hell for the first couple of weeks after plant-out as they settle into the new digs. So, as a first year grower I am totally just going to believe the vet on that one. I had lush plants when they were put out and now they just look like they've been on a 2 week bender. I believe they will come out of it. Think of it like a new house or apartment. When you move in you still have all this crap to put away so you focus on that. Once you get unloaded you can resume normal life. I think they babies are just getting used to their new digs. Give it 3 weeks.

Thanks Seth, that actually gave me a little relief to hear. I still need to go through the motions just to make sure. I should know the soil PH (hell I should have known it before I planted out, it's like goin' in blind) if I didn't amend the soil so much, I wouldn't be as concerned. We will see what happens. Thanks for stoppin' by Mr. Squatch!

Yeah, I second it on the stress of the plant out affecting them. I can't remember, but did you harden them off for a bit? I think I've been getting used to the outside for over a week now. That alone is pretty rough on them. Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that one way to help neutralize the soil was compost (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) so unless there was something especially alkaline with your compost or the soil was especially acidic and then shifted more towards Ph of 7 after composting, I'm not sure that would do it. But again, feel free to correct me anyone... Anyway, all of this to actually second what Seth wrote, hang in there, keep them alive, they will probably bounce right back. We'll be cheering for ya!

Hey Pulpfiction, my soil was alkaline to begin with and adding the compost might have just pushed it over the edge. I'm getting varying readings all over the garden. From 4.9 to 7.5. Whether that is operator error or not I don't know lol. I mean all you do is stick it in the ground and see what it says.

Some of them are bouncing back a little bit. The ones that were just wilty from day one in the garden have turned for the better. (cgn21500, long chocolate habanero) Then there were the white habs that looked amazing even a few days after transplant and then they took a dive and looked to be on the edge of death lol but they've bounced back a little too. I'm just going to leave everything be for another week and see what happens. Maybe they are all just going through their own thing.

Yes I did harden them off, I had them in the greenhouses for about 2-3 weeks before plant out. Although the temps were really low the whole time and now they are shooting into the high eighties....so whatever. I'm done freakin' out about it haha. I have faith they will pull through.

My personal garden at home is going well though. The plants are adapting to the new home well. They aren't growing very much but I believe that is due to the fact that I had to rip the roots off of the plantable pots I was using. They grew through and when I pulled them out for transplanting they were ripped clean off. I'll have some more updates for all of you soon. I might just do a video of the gardens so you can get a better idea of what I am working with.

Take care everyone. HAPPY GROWING!

Yo. I have been almost too embarrassed to do an update on the GLOG. I'll take some pics tomorrow though and you will feel much better! LOL. Had all kinds of leaf spot and nasty shit happening. Hell, one of them was just a stem when I was done tearing off infected leaves. Everything is rebounding, albeit slowly. I think next year I will be cleaning and dunking my roots right before they go in the ground. I noticed when potting up roots I ripped seemed to grow better.

Chitballs!!! its just a sea of leaves under those lights! Your grow is shows how far a grow can go in the first season. Its insain. Thats a huge leave on that BS but its kinda cheating to use a dime.... come on. atleast use a nickle...

That's too funny! I have an old spanish peseta that will make those leaves look gargantuan!
Serio - your grow is right on, King!

Good Afternoon there Mr King, "It's Good to be DA King" great line from a great movie. Just took a lil stroll through the halls of your Glog and must say Dem's some Good Looking Plants you have going there. I can't wait till mine are big enough to put out, I keep saying I'm going to do it this weekend or that weekend and when it come time I look at them and think Maybe i should give them a little more time. Guess I'm just going to have to do it.

Keep 'em Growin,
RM

UPDATE: Aight Peeps, lets take a stroll down pepper lane shall we.....it's a horror of a sight....not for the faint of heart....lol.

Things probably look worse to me then they do to you but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that things are FUBAR.

I've done PH readings around different spots and mostly I get readings between 6-7, some places I get 4.9-5.5 but that was only once or twice....I'm going to keep checking random spots but over all it doesn't seem to be a PH problem. I am leaning towards fert burn? Possibility that the compost is still hot (even though it is years old) and burning the plants? Or we could go with compost still has un-composted wood and is draining the soil of nitrogen? Could be that we over tilled the garden and broke up all of the beneficial things going on? The soil drains too fast? lol....not too sure, I am outside of my level of knowledge and understanding at the moment.

As you will see in the pictures I will post, some of the plants are yellowing all over....my brainstrains are all starting to yellow from the bottom up, with leaf drop....the top growth on a lot of them (which I think you can tell from the pics) is very spindily...or slightly deformed? (it looks a little gnarly if ya know what I mean, not smooth and lush leaves) Sigh....IDK...take a look and maybe shed some light on the situation for me.

Maybe they are deficient in something....I was thinking of putting in a little lime, some epsom salts and maybe something for calcium and nitrogen.....I am at a lose though really..

The plants growing at my house seem to be doing well though, other than the earwigs that are eating the shit out of my cabbage plant....that I am growing for my nephew. They are doing a little bit of nibbling on my pepper plants as well, but not nearly as much. They are said to be beneficial but in high numbers they can be a problem....which is my case. I plan on taking affirmative action....they will know suffering. I have a few pictures of some spiders that are hanging around on my plants as well. I don't believe they are bad spiders, although I couldn't find any info on the web about them. I didn't see webs anywhere.

So this is where I am at today. I have a few pod shots for you guys too!! hahahahaha, a few popped even with all the chaos going on in the garden. There's a picture of a white habanero, a datil and an ancient sweet. ENJOY.

what do you want first the good news or the bad news.....we will go with the good news first! he he he ha ho he ha.......ha

White Habanero
IMG_2593.jpg

Datil
IMG_2594.jpg

The sole Ancient Sweet on a lil' 6" tall plant.....lmao
IMG_2588.jpg

The ugly

all twisted and deformed growth...or the plant looks like this for other reasons....idk
IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

spidley top growth
IMG_2586.jpg

white habanero that looked awesome, then wilted to the point of near death, then came roaring back, now yellowing
IMG_2584.jpg

Brain strain, yellowing from the bottom up with leaf drop (last time this happened it was my the plants at my house and it happened because of overfertilizing....so that is why I am leaning towards fert burn from hot compost? again IDK)
IMG_2582.jpg

more Brain Strain
IMG_2581.jpg

top of Brain Strain
IMG_2596.jpg

Nothing to sweat about King, my plants are looking similar to yours, healthy but a tad deformed.

I just added some calcium/magnesium to them & hopefully it will perk them up? i to have yellowing leaves on my mature Bhuts & im hoping this will fix the problem, they certainly don't need any more fertz (yours or mine).

Mezo.

Look like a fert burn to me, happend to me with yellow 7's and they look pretty simillar to your's plants so I wouldn't be worried to much, just get them a shower with clean water and they will recover soon

Back