pequin or small yellow chiltepin aka wild brazil

I think Wild Brazil is a Chinense,like Charapita.At least the wild Brazil I grew was a Chinense...

Not an Annuum like Tepins,Pequins etc.
I guess they probably use the name for both though...happens a lot.

There is a difference between the two I reviewed them both I will post a picture of both charapita is orangish wild Brazil yellow

The best way is to grow one out and have all the fresh supply right off the plant. They do dry fairly quick at least my tepins did. I sure it's not that hard to fill a box... Maybe it can be done but it's just too much work for what's it's worth I think. Same reason why tepin sauces and products are expensive... Too much labor involved, deseed and process thousands of pods isn't easy.

, Walter

smokemaster said:
I think Wild Brazil is a Chinense,like Charapita.At least the wild Brazil I grew was a Chinense...

Not an Annuum like Tepins,Pequins etc.
I guess they probably use the name for both though...happens a lot.
you are correct they are a C Chinense,  but i have never heard the term tepin or pequin used in conjunction with wild Brazil i have heard CUMARI and even bird peppers, however its possible the term could be used your right it does happen alot

thanks your friend Joe

joemomma said:
I don't see any reason to be a prick about it.

Woaw, i wasnt trying to be a prick, sorry if it came across that way. Some people just say charapitas are similar to the wild brazil. Definately wasnt meaning the caps OK on purpose.

I only closed it because i found a seller. thanks
ajijoe said:
you are correct they are a C Chinense,  but i have never heard the term tepin or pequin used in conjunction with wild Brazil i have heard CUMARI and even bird peppers, however its possible the term could be used your right it does happen alot

thanks your friend Joe
i meant i wanted pequin and the small yellow round peppers that some call charapitas :) They are very much different lol

kgetpeppers said:

Woaw, i wasnt trying to be a prick, sorry if it came across that way. Some people just say charapitas are similar to the wild brazil. Definately wasnt meaning the caps OK on purpose.

I only closed it because i found a seller. thanks

i meant i wanted pequin and the small yellow round peppers that some call charapitas :) They are very much different lol
its ok man no offense taken at all

The reason I posted about Wild Brazil being A Chinense is because it tastes etc. a LOT different than both Yellow Pequins or Tepins.

If you wanted the Annuum but were sent the Chinense you might not be happy...

Back