• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

pest problem on my japaneese tomato ring

My tomatoes have grown so perfect to thhis point...six foot tall..strong healthy stems--lots of green tomatoes....then all oof a sudden holes are appearing in the middle of so many leaves...omg im freaking so i went and got sevin duxt and dusted them pretty heavy last night...no bugs have ever been present so i figure they are out at night....any suggestions?????

Attachments

• tomato 5.jpg
    tomato 5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 48
  • tomato dusting 1.jpg
    tomato dusting 1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 43
StAugieHotPeppers said:
will the sevin dust fix that???
snails move --well pretty slow...so why dont i see them ?? where do they go??? so u dont think viral or fungal??
night time when your not around come out with a flashlight between 12 to 2 and you may see them, im betting its slugs more that snails there more common, however im not ruling them out because you live in Florida and there more common there than around here

thanks your friend Joe

Not sure if anyone else saw but there appears to be a lesser spotted child in the first picture, I hear these can be prone to nibbling tomato leaves...Be sure to give him a light dusting  :P . (He he, cute little guy)

If it's a bunch of little tiny holes (1mm to 3mm) then it's probably just flea beetles. Everyone in Tomato gardening forums say they're no big deal and that it's not worth breathing in a treament spray for them. They are supposedly seasonal and should disappear very soon.

But knowing myself, i'm the spray type, and i'm always watching out for leaf diseases etc, i "might" spray them with a light formula. Depends on my mood and if there was pre-existing disease.

Back