• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

SalsaDude and 'Kid were at the BigR store before Christmas and got Gabby a treat.  Apparently dinosaur bones are for sale!
IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

Well, after realizing the bone WAS an actual bone, we didn't let Gabby have that one.  Felt bad about not letting him have his treat, so today at the grocery store... I think this makes up for the other one! 

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

he couldn't walk through the door!  :lol:  So we whacked it with the hack saw into more manageable pieces....

Happy Dawg!!!
IMG_2419.JPG

Scoville DeVille said:
image.jpg

Sorry Nightshade... I had to. :rofl:

He is too damm cute. He looks like he has tons of personality.
lol he gets that a lot. Yes he has tons of personality. His favorite activity is coming up and making sure you have no choice but to rub him.

Oh good gawd. There is NO WAY I could deal with that ear sucking! :rofl: It's bad enough our "Fabio" (the one with the white bib) wants us to die from kisses. He will seriously lick you to death.

Dang shes cute tho Prod.

I had a cat that would jump up on the bed and stick his nose on my eye lid to wake me up.  I finally got to where I'd duck under the covers when I felt him jump up.
:lol: 

Cairo and Zurich have quite the comfy perch there, Scovie.  :cool:

Sicman- the vets all say not to let dogs eat real bones because the bones splinter into sharp shards, then they swallow the splinters and the splinters can pierce the stomach lining or intestines.  Hubby gives him a small bone (like a T-bone or prime rib bone) on occasion....but that dino bone was a little much.  The guys didn't realize it was a real bone when they bought it.  I think it cost ~$15!  :(

since i was a little sickid i was just told chicken bones are a no go. oh well either way your puppy is very happy. you tell him ol uncle sic will give him the real bone anytime.    wait does that sound wrong?

:eek:  

:lol:

We'd heard the same thing about chicken bones forever.  Now the vet says No Bones at all.  Gabby has a fairly sensitive system (ie..anything too out of the ordinary and he pukes....usually at 03:30 in the morning......) so I don't give him any bones.  If 'Dude gives him a bone, then he's responsible for the mad dash down the hall to try and get the dog out the door in time....or cleaning up if he doesn't make it in time....

salsalady said:
SalsaDude and 'Kid were at the BigR store before Christmas and got Gabby a treat.  Apparently dinosaur bones are for sale!
attachicon.gif
IMG_1911.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_1913.JPG

Well, after realizing the bone WAS an actual bone, we didn't let Gabby have that one.  Felt bad about not letting him have his treat, so today at the grocery store... I think this makes up for the other one! 

attachicon.gif
IMG_2413.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2414.JPG

he couldn't walk through the door!  :lol:  So we whacked it with the hack saw into more manageable pieces....

Happy Dawg!!!
attachicon.gif
IMG_2419.JPG

I have heard from a few vets that rawhide is not good for a dog to eat. Real, uncooked bones are the only kind to feed to dogs IMHO. :)

No Bones to a dog? WTH??? Dogs are built to chew bones! Coyotes and Wolves do it every day.

Big'ol cow bones are a dog's best friend. Not chicken bones tho, I agree with that, they splinter baaad.

Cats even eat bones. Crunch crunch crunch.

maybe the difference is uncooked bones, like the animal would eat in the wild, vs cooked bones, which could make them splinter more. 

Back