• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

Here's my mini Aussie Nami. She's such a great dog and super well behaved for as young as she is. She's terrified of water deeper than her ankles, she can't go up steps because of her bum knee, but she never looses a staring contest and she always alerts us when the mail is here. Sometimes she'll stare so long that I'll get busy doing something for about 15 or 20 minutes then notice that she's still gazing right at me. Is it weird that my dog may be a better judge of character than me? Nami can always warm right up to friendly people but always bark at mean people.

IMG_5112.JPG

t0mato said:
Here's my mini Aussie Nami. She's such a great dog and super well behaved for as young as she is. She's terrified of water deeper than her ankles, she can't go up steps because of her bum knee, but she never looses a staring contest and she always alerts us when the mail is here. Sometimes she'll stare so long that I'll get busy doing something for about 15 or 20 minutes then notice that she's still gazing right at me. Is it weird that my dog may be a better judge of character than me? Nami can always warm right up to friendly people but always bark at mean people.

attachicon.gif
IMG_5112.JPG

Allow me to caption that pic.

"Treats."

"You said there would be treats."

texas blues said:
Break out your tissues.

And share this with those you love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbGzeSv5My0&t=184s

Aw, man. You just had to post that now. I just found out a few days ago that my cat, Dammit (that's her name), is in the late stages of congestive heart failure. She used to love getting picked up and hugging me, but in the last few days the pressure in her chest makes it uncomfortable for her and can't hug back anymore.
     I don't know how those furry little idiots manage to get such a hold on our hearts, but they do. It's been over 16 years since Dammit followed me into my apartment out of the alley and she's been my little sidekick for almost all of my adult life. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye to that wiley little street urchin.

6iMFDVU.jpg

The animals that we love always teach us.

And show us how to love and respect ourselves and each other.

Animals will love you unconditionally.

Humans.

Not so much.

In the animal world we humans are the most intelligent by far of all animals.

That is....

Until you try to take a tennis ball from an Aussie Shepard.

Back