• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

You could understand if the dog was attacking the neighbour but if that wasn't the case i would be tempted to slash the neighbour!
What a rotten bastard.

Armadillo said:
Another pic of our Aisha, this time receiving digital TV with her satellite dish.
Our dogs picked up the habit to jump the fence into the neighbor's yard. On Monday our neighbor caught her and hurt her badly. She had a cut of about 4 inches on her right hip up to the belly and had to be operated on in general anesthesia.

I feel you on that one. My neighbor has never hurt my dog, but he torments him relentlessly. If you need to borrow my whooping stick, just say the word.

I would be so pissed if my neighbor hurt my dog. Do what you want to me, but don't even think of laying a hand on my dog. That would result in a hell of a lot payback.

I'm thinking that I would call the Polizei and have them charged with animal cruelty. I understand the dog was in their yard however there is no reason to inflict lacerations to the animal. Then again, there is always the chance that your neighbor might befall some terrible accident this coming winter. A little black ice after a night of drinking perhaps? Dunno...just saying.

I have to confess, I REALLY ENJOY the fact that my boys are more than a little vociferous when people come near the house. Keeps honest people honest and lets those that might have less than honorable intentions know that they should not visit my house.

Maligator said:
I have to confess, I REALLY ENJOY the fact that my boys are more than a little vociferous when people come near the house. Keeps honest people honest and lets those that might have less than honorable intentions know that they should not visit my house.

Totally understandable. A man should be proud of the company he keeps gatorman.

Armadillo said:
On Monday our neighbor caught her and hurt her badly.

I think of myself as a man of words and not action/violence. However, if a neighbor purposely hurt my dog only one of us would walk away from our next meeting. A good dog's health is way more important than a bad neighbour's.

Armadillo said:
On Monday our neighbor caught her and hurt her badly.

Might have been lost in translation...
- but does your neighbour have dogs/cats etc?
- is your property secure (i.e are you taking personal responsibilty?) and ensuring your dogs can't escape? (You'd have to answer No to this one)
- Is the dog trained at all?
- You say the dog was injured whilst being caught, what were the circumstances?
- Did he/she stab it??
- Did it attack him/her?
- Any of the neighbours pets?
- Is there a history?

Do you exercise your dog?

Sounds suspiciously like a classic case of 'Owner F*cked up, Dog gets Blame'
If some stray dog comes on my property and has a go at me or my dogs.....he's history. If his owner hasn't the sense to secure the property, and then confronts me?

;)

Armadillo said:
Another pic of our Aisha, this time receiving digital TV with her satellite dish.
Our dogs picked up the habit to jump the fence into the neighbor's yard. On Monday our neighbor caught her and hurt her badly. She had a cut of about 4 inches on her right hip up to the belly and had to be operated on in general anesthesia.
IMG_0503.jpg

mate.. if someone hurt my dogs... i'd be hurting them.. i'm not fot violence, but if they've hurt her on purpose thats just not acceptable.. i hope that you're following this up one way or the other..

n744777563_486089_5107.jpg

thought i better add a pic of my two... before you say it.. it was for a doggie rescue charity and i work with the elf :P

tooninoz said:
- is your property secure (i.e are you taking personal responsibilty?) and ensuring your dogs can't escape? (You'd have to answer No to this one)
- Did he/she stab it??
- Did it attack him/her?
- Is there a history?

If some stray dog comes on my property and has a go at me or my dogs.....he's history. If his owner hasn't the sense to secure the property, and then confronts me?

;)

With all respect Toon are you a cop or ex cop?

MrArboc said:

Woah! :shocked:
Some seriously hot snakes there! What was the Pueblan Milksnake like?

Some of the stuff o'seas is just incredible... High on the list would be some of the morph Ball Pythons that are coming out of the US, Corns, Boas and those incredible Eyelash vipers...plus white-lipped tree vipers...ah the list would go on..
The thread you started mentioned a wish to come out to Oz? Have you been since that time? I've got a few really good herping spots close by - Mt. Glorious west of Brisbane (a hot humid night will mean you probably see a few pythons and quite a few vens + frogs and geckoes), Numinbah Valley west of the Gold Coast is good for Adders and Mt Tamborine in Nth NSW for BIG Brown snakes!

Had to do a Ven Husbandry course as a part of the restricted license, and got to handle Browns (one snake I'd like as little to do with as possible), Taipans (Inland and Coastal), RBBS, Adders and a really temperamental Golden Crown - probably the best two days of my life.

When you get your passport and visa sorted, I'll meet ya at the airport ;)

Oh, and Nova, I am about the last person the police force would take on board. Trust me. :P

tooninoz said:
- Did he/she stab it??
- Did it attack him/her?
- Is there a history?

;)

-The neighbor doesn't have any pets. But her husband who passed away a few years ago had two big and mean German shepherds so she's used to big dogs.
-The property could be more secure and since the dogs jumped the fence for the first time this year (last year they didn't!) we're after the landlady to raise the fence. But her contractor doesn't get his but off his chair. And I didn't rent a house with a yard to put my dogs on the chain. They have never hurt anybody!
-The dogs are trained. And they never jump the fence when anyone of us is around. And they come back when we call them. But you turn your back for a minute and they might be gone.
-I haven't seen the situation. Our neighbor is two-faced. When she meets our dogs on the street she is best friends with them so they adopted her to the pack. But when they visit her in the yard she is p.o.. Our dogs fiercely bark at anybody who enters our property for the first time. And after we were shaking hands and talking they are best friends with everybody. That's how I want my dogs to be! And they never hurt anybody! Now since our neighbor in our dogs eyes was a trustworthy part of the pack they payed the same attention and service to our neighbor who had the pool guy working. They never met that pool guy before so they barked at him and then the situation must have exploded. I don't know what tool they (who of both?) used against my dog. But fact is that she was badly injured.

I tried to talk to the neighbor but she doesn't open the door when i ring. And when she sees us from far she disappears quickly. Kinda bad conscience?

Back