• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peter Pepper

Hey, who got seeds for "Peter Peppers"? I just saw these and I love growing novelty plants... I just discovered these peppers and thought that they were funny! Peppers that looks like the royal phallus! If you grow this type of plants and know that your seeds are reliable, please let me know..

thanks!

-Gnildir

P.S. Sorry if you are offended about the picture!;)

ther was several of us that grew them this year and I don't think anyone was impressed with them...if no one has seeds here on THP, you can get them from a myriad of reliable suppliers online...I know Pepper Joe has them for 50 cents a seed...

I found the Peter peppers to be my most dissapointing variety of 2008 and I won't grow them again. I was told by many growers that they were awful and now I know for myself.

Mine looked liked this, I think AJ's were a bit misshapen too.

11102008482.jpg

whats funny is one of my plants had regular shaped peppers that looked like a fat cayenne, and the other one had all the irregular shaped pods...like Potawie, I tasted one and it tasted like dirt to me....nope, won't grow them again...

My ones were from your seed AJ (thank you) and they had all sorts of exciting shapes, it was also one of my healthiest plants and it grew a load of 'Peters'. I must admit the taste wasn't top notch but it was fun growing them. I will grow them again, I'm gonna try to grow yellow ones next time.

Armadillo I suppose being a GP you have to see mens bits quite often, what a job eh?

rainbowberry said:
My ones were from your seed AJ (thank you) and they had all sorts of exciting shapes, it was also one of my healthiest plants and it grew a load of 'Peters'. I must admit the taste wasn't top notch but it was fun growing them. I will grow them again, I'm gonna try to grow yellow ones next time.

Armadillo I suppose being a GP you have to see mens bits quite often, what a job eh?

Thats a Probing Question :lol:

rainbowberry said:

My job offers quite a few weird views and smells and sounds. And most of them are NOT the reasons why I like my job. People have different points of view concerning hygiene. Some people get i.m. shots into their gluteal muscle once a week. And when they come for the next shot they still have the old band aid from last week on their butt.

I used the Peter peppers for salsas as an "accentuation" chile in a pinch..I used a good bit of oven roasted tomato/onion and some fresh carrots but the staple to the salsa was definitely the Caribbean Red's and Chocolate Habs...

I would choose 20 other chiles over it (both in taste and production)...but it isn't horrible...

Flavor really is a matter of choice and that should always be remembered,If the peppers have served you some use in cooking etc all the good..Some people hate Cayenne but i love them.;)

Back