• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PI 281307 question

Has any one here grown PI 281307 I found a pic of the plant but have no other info any help would be great.
Thanks

From Reemers site: (yes spelling was on purpose)

90 days. Capsicum baccatum var. pendulum. Wild plant produces good yields of 2 ½" long by ½" wide hot peppers. Peppers are hot and turn from green to red when mature. Plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers. United States Department of Agriculture, PI 281307, Type 2. A variety from Bolivia.

VtPepper said:
My source says yellow pod and from Brazil thats why I am confused seems no can agree on the pepper.

Yes the pepper is Brazillian,Riemers information is nonsense its just a Baccatum and from Brazil id ignore what Riemers says if i where you..Poor info and don't start me on the seeds :)

PI 281307
Species: Baccatum Origin: Brazil Heat: Unknown
Add to my growing list

Description currently unavailable.

PI_281307c.jpg

© Allen M Boatman

The USDA site says Bolivia.
Reemers probably just copied the info from them.

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/display.pl?1209206

PI 281307
Capsicum baccatum var. pendulum (Willd.) Eshbaugh SOLANACEAE
Collected in: Bolivia
Maintained by the Southern Regional PI Station. NPGS received: 16-May-1962. PI assigned: 1962. Inventory volume: 170. Accession backed up at second site. Part of core subset.

Accession names and identifiers
Type: COLLECTOR.
Availability
Material is available for distribution. The normal amount distributed is 20 seeds.
Request this germplasm

Source History
Type: Collected. From: Bolivia.

Type: Donated. Date: 16-May-1962. From: California, United States.
Cooperators:

Smith, P., University of California.

From what I've seen reemers plagerises pics and info from everywhere.
They usually have whatever info on their site that a lot of others have about pepper varieties on their site (I've heard reemers has been told tons of times to take copywrited stuff they steal/copy off of their site).
I have no love for the pukes at reemers but their info is mostly right as far as what I've read.

Their seeds are crap and or are not what they are supposed to be a lot of times etc.

Shall we talk about Pepper Joes? LOL
Tasmanian Hababnero-an annuum...Giant Bhuts........
Well I guess at least joe's gives you viable seeds and stands by their products.
What's in a name anyways? LOL
At least they were in the ballpark. :)

Reemers is in a class of it's own.

So you ordered seeds in 2000 and haven't gotten them yet...
You must have pissed off your mailman.We'll check it out even though we know it's your fault we haven't sent them yet.

It's your fault they weren't Bhuts-you used the wrong soil and thats why they grew up to be bell peppers.

Did you hold your breath,stand on your right foot under a full moon(both kinds-take your pick) and have an erection( if male)and hard nipples when you planted the seeds?
No?
Well thats why they all refused to grow. Your fault-you are banned from ordering here forever.

Since Brazil is so FAR AWAY from Bolivia I guess the seeds could never have made it from either place to the other.Jeez,what if the USDA donation claimed it was from Peru.....

Oh So Far Away-----sounds like a song...

Back