Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

To anyone thinking about participating in Bonnie's swap, DO IT!!!!!!!! I was a newbie, still pretty much am in the pepper world. I was on various seed trains last season, atomic and others, by far Bonnie's was the best. She does a remarkable job as hostess with the mostess, you won't be disappointed. I grew quite a number of seeds from pick a pepper swap and was very pleased with the germination and quality. Bonnie here and Heather on Tomatoville are the best swaps I've ever been in. Extreme kudos to Bonnie, thanks again for hosting!!!!!!

Thank you for those kind words, Fiogga!!! It's the people that participate that make or break a swap though. If everyone sent in jalapenos and bell peppers, than it wouldn't be very exciting. When people have a nice selection, and are willing to share, then everyone benefits.

We are over 20 participants now.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Here's who we have so far from THP:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Stickman (Received)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Fiogga[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Frdlturner[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Xavi[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Island Dan[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Amps[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Jsschrstrcks[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]There's another winter storm in the forecast for my area this weekend, but I am anxiously awaiting those little hooks to appear in the seed tray to give me hope of the season ahead.[/background]

GerminationTray1on1-6-13_zps9d4ffaf0.jpg

I've actually sown a few more since I took this picture, but you get the idea.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for doing this! I'm still a newbie I suppose. Been growing for a couple of years, but I've been tossing out seeds due to OP concerns. I have some commercial seeds from previous orders, but nothing very special. Can I still get in on this? :)

Hi Sudostahp! Yes, you are welcome to join in. As long as the varieties are not on the "Do Not Send" list in my original post, they will be fine.

Most of the seeds in this type of swap will be open pollinated, though some send in commercial seeds too. I'm just mentioning that since you said you threw out all of your open pollinated seeds.

Just let me know if you'd like to participate and I will send you my mailing address.

I'd love to participate! I prefer ISO, but if I can get some fun breeds I've got no problem with OP.

Most of the left overs are good ol' bhuts. Not something rare for most of the people here, but I'll gladly pass them along!

Heidi wants to join in BUT she didn't see any jerky,bone or cookie seeds (let alone any steak or pizza seeds) in the last seed swaps.

So I guess you'll just have to PM me your address for my donation.

PICT2015-1.jpg

IM004832.jpg

PICT2015.jpg

Maybe a few Yogurt seeds?

PICT2005.jpg

PICT1993.jpg

I'd love to participate! I prefer ISO, but if I can get some fun breeds I've got no problem with OP.

Most of the left overs are good ol' bhuts. Not something rare for most of the people here, but I'll gladly pass them along!

Just sent you a PM.

Thanks, Ken! I am glad that you enjoyed the swap last year! When people return the next year, that is the best compliment of all.

Well, the first couple of envelopes arrived today. One of them even had hostess gifts, some handmade soap and a balm for cracked, dry skin. :dance:

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Here's who we have so far from THP:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Fiogga[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Xavi[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Island Dan[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I have a big project at work this weekend, so if I don't respond right away to your post or private message, don't worry, I'm not ignoring you, just busy.[/background]

Received another envelope yesterday. This one was from Xavi.

Look what else I found when I came home.

CondorsBeaksprout1-12-13_zpsd7eaa514.jpg

Oh yeah, the first sprout of the season. :dance:

Still plenty of time to sign up!

Bonnie,

Love to see those sprouts, I grow Conder's Beak and love it! I've got some hopefully germinating in coffee filters on the frig, no sprouts yet.

Received an awesome package full of some serious heat from Fiogga today. I think you must have kicked it up a notch on the heat level this past season! This is probably a dumb question, but what does the P.L. on some of your packets stand for? Also, did you use the Condor's Beak mostly fresh, or did you dry and powder it?

Bodeen, I've sent you a PM.

Oh, I also got a VERY nice donation from Romy6 that I think the heat lovers will really appreciate. Thank you so much, Jamie!!!

Hey Bonnie, glad you got my heat. P.L. stands for Pepperlover where I got my seeds. I tried to let everyone know where the seeds originated. I used the Conder's Beak fresh, makes a nice salsa, a bit on the hot side. I also fried some with garlic, onions, and olive oil, love those pepper sandwiches. It's not superhot, but still packs a bit of a punch. I also pickled some, they are divine. You will love the variety, it was very productive. Have a good week!

Thanks, Fiogga! My first thought was Peppermania, but the L was throwing me, LOL! Thanks for the suggestions on the Condor's Beak!

I received a couple more envelopes today.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Here's who's in the swap from THP:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Fiogga (Received)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Xavi (Received)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Island Dan (Received)[/background]
Bodeen

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]As of 1/18/13 there are 25 participants total, not counting newbies.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]There is still time to join! The deadline for getting your seeds to me is February 8th.[/background]

Back