• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Pickling Super hots?

SmokenFire said:

Every time I water bath peppers they come out like mush.  Still looking for a go to pickled pepper recipe that maintains crunch...
You can cold pack using the vinegar brine from the linked recipe if you have room to keep it refrigerated.  I've had real good luck (and good response from customers) doing a cold-pack veggie/jalapeno mix.  

Cook the brine enough to melt the salt/sugar, let it cool a bit.  Prep veggies and chiles, stuff into jars, pour brine over, cap it and DONE!

Into the refer for a couple weeks, then enjoy!

Pickle these....man busy weekend now hahahaha

10431523_819489194751475_1114267190728757728_n.jpg

These are half gallon jars. 2 cans of beet juice. 1 small/reg bottle apple vinegar a tbsn of pickling spices. a 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tspn salt, 1 medium onion sliced or a handful of pearl onions, 2 Brainstrains sliced, as many eggs as you can fit in there about 18 or so per jar. Hard boil eggs and peel. mix all other ingredients in a pot and boil throw eggs in jar and pour boiling liquid over. Then I like to take an extra step and throw the filled jar in the oven till boiling and take out and put lid on. Let sit for a minimum of 2 weeks before eating so they absorb the flavor.

1239780_845088018850726_1811516058_n.jpg

Great thread..thanks for the link SL...I will be pickling most of my leftover peppers after I make my hot sauces...

We've tried pickled bonnets which got really hot, but nothing hotter yet. We've bought psycho pickles which are onions or gherkins pickled with ghosts which are amazing but lethal!

Back