• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pics from the garden

It's been hot here in Northern California the last few days, and is supposed to hit 100F today-peppers sure are ripening well:mouthonfire:including the caribbean red habs.
ohab082907.jpg
carredhab082907.jpg
thdragon082907.jpg

Thanks Lucky. Freak, I hope to have as many as you do now next season, as I will be planting more of the "reds"- because of your post, I'm now on a rampant search for a food dehydrator. I'm surprised more stores don't carry them, went to 3 today, and no luck. I don't give up that easy, though. And Pam, I need some yellow peppers to keep up with the beautiful pics you're posting.

Scott

JavaScottC said:
Thanks Lucky. Freak, I hope to have as many as you do now next season, as I will be planting more of the "reds"- because of your post, I'm now on a rampant search for a food dehydrator. I'm surprised more stores don't carry them, went to 3 today, and no luck. I don't give up that easy, though. And Pam, I need some yellow peppers to keep up with the beautiful pics you're posting.

Scott

Yeah not a lot of stores keep food dehydrators in stock, at least not until around Christmas selling season, which is very soon. I found mine as well as a vacuum sealer at Sears.

Pepper,
I actually couldn't find a dehydrator at Sears, found it at Wally world (I hate them)-but I still bought it, and am going to be doing some drying today and tomorrow.

Rabbit,
Nope I haven't pickeled any habs before, got a good recipe?

Here's somemore peppers from this morning and I'll be trying to dry most of them-serranos are just for eating:cool:

Scott
peppers083107.jpg

serranos083107.jpg

JavaScottC said:

Scott

"Target" sells a basic food dehydrator for less than $30 (or at least my target does). It has been up to 110 degrees in my part of the Bay Area with temps staying up in the 80's at night. Terrible for new pod setting but pods are ripening like mad on my red habs. Nice peppers Scott

Herne,
Target only had them online, not at the stores. I'll try ANYTHING before going to walmart-I'm getting ready to dry some and have a couple questions about the whole process---gonna start a new thread.

Scott

I have been dehydrating mainly Santaka and Kung Pao with my Target special. They dry very Quickly. I have found I have to cut the Habs in half to get a reasonable drying time and they really shrink :). White Habs do not seem to want to dehydrate for me. I cant figure out why.

Thanks Herne-I'm gonna try this afternoon, then, all those orange habs, and some reds,too. I assume once the habs dry, I can just take the tray(s) of habs out, and continue on with the Jalapenos, and thai dragons, although the dragons should dry out quickly.

Scott

Back