• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Pics of C. Parvifolium?

Does anybody have pics of Parvifolium to post??

I've only managed to find drawings of the plant, and that dosen't give me much help determining my plant.

/René

I saw image of C.Parvifolium on www.fatalii.net or you can Google Parvifolium chili images .Jukka Kilpinen has the wild very rare chili seeds.Most of us would like to have some of those seeds indeed.I noticed that you have nice variety of wild rare chili seeds as well.
Vladan

hey Rene. Nice to see you on this forum! :) I know we've been in contact before.

I grew this variety in '09, but the plant was stunted and failed to produce any pods. it's an extremely compact plant with the smallest flowers I've ever seen. I'm guessing pods point upwards. Unfortunately, I'm out of seed. I tried contacting jukka, but he never replied to my e-mail. He stopped trading I believe unless you have something rare than Noah's Ark. lol. :)

915river said:
I saw image of C.Parvifolium on www.fatalii.net or you can Google Parvifolium chili images .Jukka Kilpinen has the wild very rare chili seeds.Most of us would like to have some of those seeds indeed.I noticed that you have nice variety of wild rare chili seeds as well.
Vladan

I've seen the picture on the "Fatalii Seeds" site, but unfortunately there's only a shot of the pods, and half a dozen of C. Praetermissums and C. Exile have quite the same pods. Therefore I was hoping for pics/links showing flowers, plant- and leaf structure.

I know it's extremely rare, that's why I would like to doublecheck (not that i have any reason to doubt my supplier, should he be reading this... :lol:).

/René

cmpman1974 said:
hey Rene. Nice to see you on this forum! :) I know we've been in contact before.

I grew this variety in '09, but the plant was stunted and failed to produce any pods. it's an extremely compact plant with the smallest flowers I've ever seen. I'm guessing pods point upwards. Unfortunately, I'm out of seed. I tried contacting jukka, but he never replied to my e-mail. He stopped trading I believe unless you have something rare than Noah's Ark. lol. :)

I'm sure my C. Exile flowers were even smaller, as I remember them. My plant had white flowers with yellow markings, kinda hairy/furry leaves (not as much as Pubescent, though) and small upright pods. I received the seeds named "Piment de Passarinho - C. parvifolium"??

Should I get a computer-degree during the day, I might be able to attach some pictures, as this has not worked for me so far :oops:

/René

Thanks Nova, I'll try tonight (daytime here now...) to see if I can make it work.

If it dosen't, I'll upload pictures to another forum, and leave a link.

/René

I finally managed to get the set-up right, so here are som pics of Piment de Passarinho (Cap. Parvifolium??)

PimentdePassarinho-1.jpg

PimentdePassarinho-2.jpg

PimentdePassarinho-3.jpg

PimentdePassarinho-4.jpg

I have found a similar debate on another forum. Sure it's the same plant, but it seems there are two versions?? Here's the link;
http://chilifoorumi.fi/index.php?topic=5852.msg63863#msg63863

Still, if anyone have additional info or pics, I would like to see it.

/René

CAPSICUM PARVIFOLIUM
Species: Parvifolium Origin: Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela Heat: Unknown

A wild capsicum species native to north-east Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela. In Bolivia it is commonly known as ' Piment de passarinho' which simply means pepper of passarinho

now there is abig differance between yours and the one sold on fatalii`s we dont know which one is the true but yours is intresting one too the best way to know is by taking close pic for the flower

PepperLover said:
CAPSICUM PARVIFOLIUM
Species: Parvifolium Origin: Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela Heat: Unknown

A wild capsicum species native to north-east Brazil, Bolivia and Venezuela. In Bolivia it is commonly known as ' Piment de passarinho' which simply means pepper of passarinho

now there is abig differance between yours and the one sold on fatalii`s we dont know which one is the true but yours is intresting one too the best way to know is by taking close pic for the flower

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't get a good pic of the flowers last summer, and it will take me 6 months before there are new flowers. But follow the link from Chilifoorumi above, and you'll have a perfect picture of the flower.

/René

Back