• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pics of my plants and a few questions...

Here are some pics of my chili plants. I have some questions I have about a few of these that I will post after the pics.
098.jpg

On the right is a Sweet Banana some that of the pods are curled. Not sure why. Any Ideas? The plant on the left is a mystery to me. It came in the tray with the Sweet Banana sprouts. At first it appeared to be just another Banana, but once it got bigger it looks nothing like the others.

100.jpg
102.jpg
103.jpg

My Habs. The last plant was dead 2 weeks ago. It stopped growing and when I re potted it the soil around the roots was jet black, smelled terrible, and was just unsuitable for anything except the MAGGOTS that were in it. The roots were mushy and almost clear. I washed it all away and dropped it into some fresh soil and it appears to be recovering quite nicely.

097.jpg

Serrano that seems to be doing fine. Just pinched the buds for the last time.

101.jpg

Tabasco that appears to be stunted. Not sure what to do. Ideas?

104.jpg

Sweet Banana on the left and a Jalapeno (grown from seed)on the right.

106.jpg

Tiburon grown from seed.

cont on next post............

Now the problem children that were victims to what I think was a mite infestation:

107.jpg

It started growing sideways and I had to remove most of the leaves because they were in terrible shape. Probably not worth saving. It has a dead looking spot on the stalk that is causing the weird growth.

094.jpg

Another victim of terrible leave condition. Looked like fungus and mite damage. Seems to be bouncing back a bit since I hit it with Fungicide3.

092.jpg
093.jpg

Not sure what these are.

108.jpg

Not a good picture. The gray spot on the leaf is another egg cluster. They are smaller than the ones in the pictures before this one.

105.jpg

This a leaf on one of my Jalapenos that I didn't take a picture of for some reason. I think it is the mites, but not sure.

My soil if Jungle Growth Professional and Miracle Growth Potting Soil. Not mixed but some are on one some are in the other. I water them as needed with rain water and Epsom Salt one week and Miracle Grow Tomato Plant Food the next both mixed at 1/4 strength. If I have to water them more than once a week the other waterings are of just rain water. I also side-dress them bone meal every other week. If there are any suggestions, please feel free to lay it on me.

I'm no expert in pests so I can't help you there.
Anyway, hope some of the forum's guru can help you with a way to recover your sick plants back to full health.

Your healthy plants look good, especially your Habs. I can't see any problems not even with the one you said was going through a bad fase.

Bleash

The curly sweet banana peppers should be ok, happened to quite a few of the ones I grew last year.
Stunted Tabasco, do you see any roots growing out of the drainage holes? Could be that you just need to repot it into a bigger container or into the ground, whichever you were thinking of.
No idea what the bugs could be.

The tabasco is due to be repotted. The roots are just starting to reach the drain holes. In the 3 days since the pics were take it has started to look a little better. One of the Banana plants is starting to yellow on the tips of the leaves while the stem side of the leaves are dark green. None of the others are showing the same effects.

I still am at a loss of what the plant on the left of the first pic is, even after doing a search on google. Maybe I will find something soon. Thanks for the replies.

After looking at a LOT of pictures of bugs and eggs I was able to identify the first egg cluster. It is a cluster of Shield Bug eggs (Stink Bugs). The second cluster is still yet to be identified. Also, this morning when I was doing my usual inspection round I found a few random eggs on several of my plants. Not clusters but an egg here and there. Much larger than the others that I think belong to a moth of some type. I removed all of them I found and threw them into the street. See how the 100+F* temps treat them.

I also found some very small caterpillars that did quite a bit of damage to some of the lower leaves of my mystery plant. I terminated them with extreme prejudice by removing the leaf and soaking them in charcoal starter fluid. Maybe his buddies will get the message. :hell:

Back