• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pics of your growing setups

Hey guys I was just wondering if it was not too much trouble, could I get pics of your setups to see how you do it and try to improve mine. Thanks again

Scott:P

Here is this year's setup...

4510061510_8652de7380.jpg

Two 4 ft T8 fixtures - $20 each
Four 6500K bulbs - $2.50 each
Two 3 ft metal shelves - $20 each
Electronic timer for lights - $20

Total - $110

Area 1
DSCF1885.jpg

Area 2
P310310_1826.jpg

Area 1 - 20w 6400k cfl,
20w 2700k cfl,
DIY blue led panel using 10mm 230,000mcd leds.
80mm computer fan powered from 12v transformer.
Black/ white sheeting for reflection

Area 2. 250w 6400 cfl producing around 14000lm
NFT hydro system
80mm computer fan powered from 9v transformer
Oil filled radiator
Black/ white sheeting used for reflection

Chris

Heres mine for this year:

Setup #1 Its not as high....
LIGHT%20STAND%20%231.JPG

The blanket was here on this one because I used to have this one covered as a mini indoor green house when they were all just seedlings....
LIGHT%20SETUP%20%231.JPG

Setup #2 it has longer legs added to it for more height....
LONGER%20LEGS%20ON%20LIGHT%20STAND.JPG

Setup #2.....
LIGHT%20SETUP%20%232.JPG

setup.jpg

Sunny kitchen with a three 23W 6500K bulbs that are on from noon until midnight to supplement the sunlight which floods the kitchen for about 4 hours a day. The 4 hours though is direct sun that hits the plants so thats not bad.

Also since I've been using those aquaglobe things, I've noticed a bit of an improvement :)

patrick said:
What kind of improvement have you noticed with using the aquaglobes?

Mostly growth rate and leaves looking slightly more perky if I can call it that. They are standing up a bit straighter and spread wider. Not that the plants looked limp before in any way...

My seeds are all germinated using this germ box but this year i started using the paper towel method and personally i like it much better and it is a lot less work doing it with the paper towels. I germinated all 1749 peppers in paper towels.
pics110.jpg

pics336.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

This pic was taken a few weeks ago, now the greenhouse has about 2000 tomatoes in it.
(All germinated in paper towels)
Picture050-1.jpg

Yes it is the tree hab. When I dug it up I actually cut off all the limbs except two main forks and I also hacked the roots to almost nothing. It has done very well. There is also a Red rocoto that i pulled out of the ground in mid Dec. just to see if it would survive, it also is doing very well. The other is a Yellow/Orange Manzano.

Here is my setup. It is usually wrapped in Mylar emergency blankets, but I had them off for this picture.
IMG_6423-e1271118917305.jpg

IMG_4820-e1269567062182.jpg

I have 8 2-blub shop lights from Lowes, one standard 4100k light(cheap) and one GE Plant and Aquarium bulb (more expensive)
per shop light. Growing tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower as well as peppers in there.

Ballpark estimates off the top of my head:

8 shop lights at $10 each = $80
8 4100k bulbs at $4 per 2 pack = $20
8 GE Plant and Aquarium bulbs at $10 each = $80
10 1x2 furring strips at about $1.25 each = $12.50
3 Mylar blankets at $3 each = $9
1 4 x 8 sheet of 1/8" hardwood board = $7
1 24 hour timer = $7
2 cheapo power strips = $5
Everything else I had laying around in my garage.

Total cost = $220.50 (wow, more than I thought, now that I add it all up).
I bought the lights as needed over two months, adding a couple every 2 weeks or so.
But next year, cost will be for potting soil, and that's it. :-) I plan to isolate plants,
save seeds and not have to buy any next year.

I have a thread in the Grow Tech with more info about this contraption:

Click here

4532910107_f46cb54a65_b.jpg

This is a 2 x 4 foot indoor greenhouse with 4 shelves and a plastic zip-up bag to help retain humidity. I use the top shelf for germination with my dueling BioDomes and the remaining 3 for plants potted up to 3" pots. The lights for the germinating plants are 3 grow lights. The lights on the shelves below are two 2 foot 17W Wal-Mart shop lights (2 bulbs each - one bulb at 4100K and the other at 6500K).

DSC_0611.JPG

This is my setup at the moment, growing indoors with 2 LED's. I will most likely try a full season indoors, living in cold Sweden without a garden makes me take desperate measures! :lol:

4532910107_f46cb54a65_b.jpg

This is a 2 x 4 foot indoor greenhouse with 4 shelves and a plastic zip-up bag to help retain humidity. I use the top shelf for germination with my dueling BioDomes and the remaining 3 for plants potted up to 3" pots. The lights for the germinating plants are 3 grow lights. The lights on the shelves below are two 2 foot 17W Wal-Mart shop lights (2 bulbs each - one bulb at 4100K and the other at 6500K).

Hello I just purchased the same greenhouse (home depot) and I have a small desk lamp with a grow light in the top shelf I do plan to buy either a T5 or HPS light later this summer and grow all winter I was a bit worried about the heat melting the plastic and I wanted to know if this has been an issue for you?

I’m growing Bhut Jolokias for the first time this year as well as habanero cayenne jalapeno and other vegetables.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Back