• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pictures from AjiJoe - 2011 Grow-Out

Joe has asked me to upload a few pictures from his grow-out as his computer makes it difficult to do this. I told him I would. I'm sure he can tell you more about these, but here's what he provided.

TRINIDAD SCORPION FG (C. CHIN)
TRINIDADSCORIONFG2011.jpg

TRINIDAD DOUGLAH - RIPENING (C. CHIN)
RIPENINGDOUGLAH2011.jpg

FIDALGA ROXA PURPLE (C. CHIN)
FIDALGAROXAPURPLEPHASE2011.jpg

ARIBIBI GUSANO (C. CHIN)
arabibigusano22011.jpg

I'm curious about the flavor of the aribibi gusano - how does it compare to other habs, for example?

Nice plants and pictures ajijoe. :cool:

I'm curious about the flavor of the aribibi gusano - how does it compare to other habs, for example?

To me they're very mild and neutral at first, not much odor and very mild flavor, and then after a few seconds the familiar chinense heat and flavor kick in. Maybe a very, very mild green apple type of flavor. They're pretty hot, I just munched on one to try to figure how to describe the flavor and my tongue is burning pretty nicely.

To me they're very mild and neutral at first, not much odor and very mild flavor, and then after a few seconds the familiar chinense heat and flavor kick in. Maybe a very, very mild green apple type of flavor. They're pretty hot, I just munched on one to try to figure how to describe the flavor and my tongue is burning pretty nicely.
Thanks! These were on my "check them out" list, and it sounds like a good choice.

Joe asked me to post this:

"This pepper has been occurring in my friends field for about two to three years now and always in the "GUYANESE 'MA WIRI WIRI patch
is this a Wiri Wiri cross or is this something else like "BODE ROJO" (red) ??? PLEASE HELP!!"

mysterychinence.jpg

A contest with free seeds being offered by AjiJoe to the one(s) who figure this mystery out:

"i grew the multi-colored one last year and again this year, im offering 5 free 10 packs of seeds of there choice from my list at my expense to the first person that can positively identify the beautiful multi-colored one the clues are it is a Annum and is a close relation to the "CHINESE 5 COLOR" in that it colors out the same way except the fruit is a different shape sorry i wish i could give more but this is all i know but im sure you are up for a little SHERLOCK HOLMES INVESTIGATION but i would be eternally regretful if anyone can tell me what this thing is."

OMNICOLOR-notajispecies2010.jpg

ok all the game is afoot can anyone tell me what the multi-colored ??? pepper is

please let me know and the seeds are yours!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

thanks joe

Nice plants and pictures ajijoe. :cool:

thank you

your friend joe

Joe asked me to post this:

"This pepper has been occurring in my friends field for about two to three years now and always in the "GUYANESE 'MA WIRI WIRI patch
is this a Wiri Wiri cross or is this something else like "BODE ROJO" (red) ??? PLEASE HELP!!"

mysterychinence.jpg
this one is not for the contest however i really would love to know what this one iois also
i did some investigative work on this one and came up with that it is a cross between Ma Wiri Wiri and Bode Red
IT IS VERY SIMILAR TO BODE RED BUT RETAINS TRAITS FROM BOTH PARENTS WHICH MAKES IT DIFFERENT
im gonna DUB it "BIG MOMMA" WIRI WIRI SEEDS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON
thanks joe

A contest with free seeds being offered by AjiJoe to the one(s) who figure this mystery out:

"i grew the multi-colored one last year and again this year, im offering 5 free 10 packs of seeds of there choice from my list at my expense to the first person that can positively identify the beautiful multi-colored one the clues are it is a Annum and is a close relation to the "CHINESE 5 COLOR" in that it colors out the same way except the fruit is a different shape sorry i wish i could give more but this is all i know but im sure you are up for a little SHERLOCK HOLMES INVESTIGATION but i would be eternally regretful if anyone can tell me what this thing is."

OMNICOLOR-notajispecies2010.jpg

bolivian rainbow?
Numex twilight ?
or pretty purple?
my 3 guess

Back