• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

pictures from an inexperienced chili fan

RIMG0807.jpg
v
RIMG0683.jpg
RIMG0723.jpg

What are the first ones? a type of hab, but what kind?
The second one looks like a weird miniature Bishop's Crown mutation. :lol:

I've had a few left last night that looked like that. They were like a Scotch Bonnet cross Hab, my ones were thick fleshed which I don't often come across. Very lemony too.

Pics from an inexperienced chilli fan

The first = Habaneros...the second = Bishop's cap....the third = mustard habanero?

PROBLEM:

First picture -I was given' these habaneros a friend bought in California from a supermarket. I kept the seeds and planted them and thus, the fruits.

second picture - In my early foray in chili growing, I bought a plant (later died) and when the fruit's seeds were dried, I planted some of them and these are some of the fruits obtained. Looks different too from the first plant (the one I bought-had broader wings and bigger).

Third picture - a relative bought a 'habanero' from a supermarket in Stockholm and she gave me the seeds, which i planted. very few flowers and this is one of two fruits.

The 'purity' of the strain of chilies ... I don't know. maybe some of you know better and can shed light on where 'purer' seeds of habaneros can be obtained.

Thanks.

Yes. they are very good eating. I blended these chilies (deseeded) with shallots - if possible, use a pestle and mortar rather than blender - more ASIAN style. Also added Thai chillies (milder tha habas). Add some salt. Then, I fry the paste in hot oil til fragrant, stirring frequently so it won't burn. Next, scoop the paste on any freshly grilled or fried fish/prawns/shrimp. Squeeze a generous amount of lime juice onto the paste and seafood. Eat with rice (cooked any way) ....very very good.

Back