• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pictures of massive pepper plants...

Post some. I want to see some of these 6' giants that you dudes brag about.

dwi.gif

Excuse that sound, it was just the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. Wow, those are mighty big pepper plants!

Holy balls AJ, those are huge! I wish I had ground space to plant mine.

yup...if you have the space and the right type of soil (this is mississippi delta land sandy loam), they will grow huge with a little help...

AJ- what's the spacing on those plants?

I think he planted them on 12" offset in a 36" wide bed...so about 24" centers...

amazing AJ.
Excuse that sound, it was just the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. Wow, those are mighty big pepper plants!

thanks guys..

Awesome AJ! those are some beasts for sure!!

Kevin

if my cousin only understood how much money he could be making off peppers...

How long did it take to get to that size? Sometimes size does matter!

these were put in the ground March 24th...so that's what?....a little less than 6 months...

theywhat.gif

Damn bro, very nice.

thanks man...

lol. There is something mildly uncomfortable about this very public thread. I feel like it's headed toward a NSFW labeling.

if I lived down there, every season would be like that...the weather is perfectly suited for growing and the soil is simply some of the best in the world...I gave up 135 acres about 2 miles from there 12 years ago...hind sight is 20/20...

when the conditions are right, peppers will almost grow on their own...and something I learned last year about that area is even in a drought, the heavy dew each morning acts like an overnight rainfall...if you walk down these rows early in the morning, you would be soaking wet in about 20 feet...

care to share your secret? i put mine in the ground i think in august and since then they have doubled to maybe 1.5' tall. granted winter and all but im impressed. i think we have about the same climate minus your humidity . serious im jealous!

problem is rich, I don't know what or how he grew them...they are all under plastic with drip fertigation...and they were getting 4-0-8 in August...I don't know what his fertilize regimen was other than that...I wasn't that interested in learning his way since I can't grow in the ground and have to grow in containers...

I really think the growth has to do with the soil...sandy loamy delta land...drains very well and is fairly easy to work with...

Back