• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pimienta Habanero Help

Has anyone grew or raised this type of Habanero before ? this is my first year growing it and it's just now turning to a yellow/ orange color Any and all info would be helpful

Festus said:
Has anyone grew or raised this type of Habanero before ? this is my first year growing it and it's just now turning to a yellow/ orange color Any and all info would be helpful

Pimenta is pepper in Portuguese my friend..So it would be a pepper habanero
which doesn't make much sense..Do you no it by another name ?

No I don't have another name for it :( that's was what was on the tag when I picked it up at the store I have had a hard time with it all year and it's just now starting to get a few ripe peppers on it I guess you could say it's getting to look like the picture on the tag:)

Festus said:
No I don't have another name for it :( that's was what was on the tag when I picked it up at the store I have had a hard time with it all year and it's just now starting to get a few ripe peppers on it I guess you could say it's getting to look like the picture on the tag:)

Thats the trouble with the buying from garden centers and stuff your lucky if you get the correct name of the plant,The most Common Habs are Red,Orange,Chocolate and Peach probably ones of those.:)

Here is a couple of pictures that may help ID this Habanero

hab2_10508.jpg

hab1_10508.jpg

Like I said this is my first year growing the Habanero And this one turns out to be a orange one :) When I saw the tag at the store that had Pimiento on it I thought it would be a little warm But not a Hot pepper:mouthonfire: that it is now that it's getting ready to put out some pertty orange fruit what can I do with them I have read that you can't just pick them and eat them so tell me what you would do if it was yours

you can use them to heat up any spicy dish you like (wings, tacos, stir frys etc.) you can do as RB says and chop them up and put them on a sandwich, you can use them in salsa's, they are pretty versatile; anything that you want extra heat in, i personally like to dice them and put them on nathans hot dogs with spicy brown mustard and ketchup mmmmmmm and today i actually made myself a salad with them:
Bitter greens, orange habs (cut into thin rings), diced grilled chicken breast, cubed cheddar cheese, white onion, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegrette (saute 4tblsp olive oil in a pan with a crushed clove of garlic, allow to cool to room temp, add an equal amount of balsamic vinegar, add some parsley, oregano, and fresh ground black pepper, beat vigerously with a fork) man that was a good salad, with a good kick in the mouth to come along with it, the use of hot peppers is only limited to the flexability of your imagination; hell you could just put them in olive oil and make a super hot oil if you wanted to

Back