• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Pineapple Scotch Bonnet Jelly

I thought i would share this since i havent seen many pepper jelly recipes posted, it is a simple great tasting recipe that doesnt take long to make. 1 pinapple 10 peppers 1c. vinegar 5c. sugar 2 packets pectin

1. dice up a whole pineapple chop and seed 5-20 hot peppers of your choice i chose scotch bonnets you leave some with seeds for extra heat
2. throw pinapple and peppers in a the belnder with a cup of apple cider or white vinegar save a small handfull of finely minced pieces of both pepper and pineapple
3. place pepper pinapple puree in a large pot boil and stir mixture for ten minutes
4. turn off the stove stir in pectin and sugar and turn the pot back stir the mixture until it thickens
5. when the mixture is thick you can test it by placing a spoon full in the fridge on a plate if it turns into jelly it is done add the handfull of finely diced pepper and pineapple before jarring
6. Jar the jelly and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours and your done

Back