• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PINK TIGER PROJECT

CAPCOM said:
I was making reference to your, obviously radiated blossoms and deformed pods.

Ohhhhhh hahaha ... No I haven't mixed any muto's with this plant only because its supposed to be a peach bhut already and may still go this way...

In relation to muto..
I have started getting some half decent sized pods from the single stamen flowers now and they are looking like they will be peach bhut and some of the older mute pods have got a little of that tangerine colour to them.. Its weird looking at the plant because it has 30% muto pods.. 30% normal looking pods but there segmented like a small shiny congo hab's.. then the rest are these elongated curled rough bhut looking pods like the one above but less mature.

Dulac said:

i'm wondering if it is environmental.
Could be, I know when breeding angelfish certain crosses would either allow or not allow certain genetics to express. they were masked by other genes.

And angelfish genetics was a lot easier then hot peppers. By far.

There's probably 4-5 genes that aligned to make those stripes... Going any further with each new filial will probably loose that pattern and growing other seed from the same parent will undoubtedly have the same result.. I hope they work out how to stabilise it though.

Back