• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pittsburgh City of Champions Rings

PENGUINS
346ouh1.jpg

STEELERS
idukgl.jpg

PIRATES
30mbnn5.jpg

millworkman said:
It really irritates me that NFL and MLB champions call themselves World champions.

Well, since there was nobody else in the world to play and beat when they won, it is an accurate statement.

Sickmont said:
Well, since there was nobody else in the world to play and beat when they won, it is an accurate statement.

Which country won the gold medal in baseball at the 2008 Olympics? And 2004? ;)

MrArboc said:
Which country won the gold medal in baseball at the 2008 Olympics? And 2004? ;)

First of all, theres no pic of a baseball ring. Thats why the Pirates have a pic of onion rings to their credit. They havent won shit. Now for Hockey, the Peguin's ring says "Stanley Cup Champions" on it, not "world champions" or even "olympic champions". And as for the NFL, just because nobody else in the world plays the game doesnt mean the statement "world champions" isnt credible.;)

Sickmont said:
First of all, nobody mentioned baseball. Thats why the Pirates have a pic of onion rings to their credit. They havent won shit. Now for Hockey, the Peguin's ring says "Stanley Cup Champions" on it, not "world champions" or even "olympic champions". And as for the NFL, just because nobody else in the world plays the game doesnt mean the statement "world champions" isnt credible.;)

If they played one team from outside the county then I think it would be ok, but to have a National Football Conference and an American Football Conference only to play for the championship completely excludes any other team from outside the US to compete.

millworkman said:
If they played one team from outside the county then I think it would be ok, but to have a National Football Conference and an American Football Conference only to play for the championship completely excludes any other team from outside the US to compete.

We are actually doing them a favor. This way the Steelers don't have to kick their asses too. :lol:;)

Back