• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plant Pots

Hey guys,
today I started germinating some of my super hot pepper seeds. As I am planning for the future I need to start planning what pots I am going to use.
I started the seeds in a little germination tray and want to move to 3 gallon then 7 gallon.

I was wondering if you guys had any methods or ways to get cheap or free pots. I have heard some people going to nurseries and taking there pots they can no longer use.
What ever you guys do let me know. I need ideas!!
:dance:  :dance: :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  

I just found out recently that you can get free pots at Lowes. You'll have better luck closer to spring, but I was able to get some 1 and 2 gallon pots the other day. The lady in the garden said they would have more and larger pots closer to Spring. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Tim

peppernovice said:
  I just found out recently that you can get free pots at Lowes. You'll have better luck closer to spring, but I was able to get some 1 and 2 gallon pots the other day. The lady in the garden said they would have more and larger pots closer to Spring. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Tim
Was there a certain area of the store or did you just ask a worker? thanks

If you know anyone who uses that kitty litter that comes in buckets, ask them.

Drive around some rich neighborhoods within the coming months and you might find a lot out by the side of the road(especially on trash days)

You can buy landscaping fabric and sew your own grow bags, I've never done it but a bunch of people here do and have had good results.

I got some 7gallon buckets from my dads friend who has a landscaping business.

The garden centre I go to has a big purple bin out in the parking lot for people to recycle their pots. They encourage people to take what they need. I must have snagged close to 50 assorted pots out of there last year lol

drew1226 said:
The garden centre I go to has a big purple bin out in the parking lot for people to recycle their pots. They encourage people to take what they need. I must have snagged close to 50 assorted pots out of there last year lol
Wow, score

Back