• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PLANTS DOING GREAT NOW YELLOWING BAD PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So the owner of the company I work for also owned a large landscaping business that he sold last year but kept the building and property.

And I never thought to check for left over pots and landed on the jackpot and wont be buying pots anytime soon!!

Took the pics off my phone so their a little fuzzy....

4 huge ones, 18 that im guessing are around 10 gallon as the ones on the right of those are 5 gallon pots and look small compared to the others. And a bunch of others as well...

2010-05-12%2019.24.52%20-%20Copy.jpg

and some pics of my 4' x 40' garden. I still need to add compost and till it up again. And also the cold frame that I no longer need because I ended up spending money on pots and potting them up (before I got these pots for FREE!!! :banghead: I guess I can still get the plastic and use it to extend my season this fall and start early next spring....

2010-05-12%2019.25.58%20-%20Copy.jpg

2010-05-12%2019.26.15%20-%20Copy.jpg

My season starting to get better!!!

I experienced the same problem you have. I started seeds in January and February potted to 16 oz. cups 4 - 6 weeks ago and the leaves and have been yellowing and falling off. I have a greenhouse window that I have six flats in that seems to help and have been holding back on the water until they begin to wilt. I nursing them along until I can plant them in about another two weeks (I hope!). Here in Oakland Co., we always seem to have one last frost around Memorial day. Last year, it was the first of June. For you in the north country, planting time is probably first of June. Was up north mushroom hunting last weekend and it snowed for crap sakes!

This is my first year starting from seed; however, I 've been growing chiles now for four years. I got tired trying to chase down all the varities I like to grow and wanted to do things differently. I now have about two hundred peppers ready to go (tomatoes too) and I'm just waiting on the weather. I also have noticed that the hotter the pepper the more "abuse" they can take. Thought I read somewhere that hot peppers grown under some degree of stress actually makes the pod hotter. Don't know if that is true or not.

Nice presentation on your growing area! It looks as though you have pretty good soil there. I have quite sandy soil that I amended with a 50/50 mix of good topsoil and peat rototilled to a depth of 8". At planting time (all my plants go in the ground) I mix in some manure in each planting hole. Seems to work for me. Last year was a crap growing season but still had some plants reach about 4' in height, the pods just didn't ripen sufficently.

Good Luck!

Back