Pleasant Greetings From AUSTIN - TX

Hello everyone! Hope all are well and enjoying your day today!

I am new to the forum, and am excited to be here. Last year I grew my first ever cherry tomato plant and gooseberry plant. I had success with both, and am taking my growing this spring several steps more forward. A couple of weeks back I built a PVC fluorescent light stand, and started a small variety of heirloom seeds with a heating pad underneath to warm the soil. About 1/2 have sprouted, including a couple of pepperoncini's which I am happy about. None of my gold, yellow, or red bells started to sprout yet. I read they can take up to a month(not sure if correct) so I am still patiently awaiting.

I found this site when doing a search for "aji pepper seeds." I would like to try to grow these and lemon drop peppers. I have joined this site for educational purposes and camaraderie, and I look forward to my growing and learning journeys ahead of me. I am not a full blown hothead yet, and am growing my taste, appreciation, and tolerance to do so. I look forward to using homegrown peppers in dishes, as well as making some spicy sauces.

I would appreciate any ADVICE as to what peppers are good for someone who needs more kick than a jalapeno, but is not quite ready for a "thermo-nuclear detonation in the mouth." Any input is appreciate.

Thank You

Smiter Q

welcome from Fort Worth...

take baby steps with increasing the heat...next on your list should be hot banana and cayenne...maybe a super chili

hey welcome to the neighborhood, glad to see another Texan jumping in the mix! can't wait to see some pictures

Back