• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Please HELP!

good morning! Im planning on transplanting my peppers this weekend to bigger pots so i can put them out side in a few weeks but im running into some problems! i have been putting them out a few hours a day to get some sun light but it was really hot also i used very little all purpose fert and this is what is happening to the peppers please help!

Thanks
Nick

YELLOW LEAVES
http://i.imgur.com/8YirrLX.jpg?1" title="Hosted by imgur.com" /></a>

YELLOW AND FALLING OVER
TKAupKg.jpg

BROWN LEAVES
hTwnyT5.jpg

Please help!

i am going to use triple mix soil with bone meal and also mix some top soil!

first plant looks ok. second looks like "maybe" broad mites? if it is over fert,no biggie. pot up and good luck!

Pot them up! I'd say lack of nutes, unless the ends of the leaves are crispy.

If the leaves are crispy at the ends, then its fert burn

It depends on how bad they are burned, if badly burned, a root flush is recommended and affected leaves should be cut. If its not bad the leaves can be left on. I dont think they would fully recover though.

Can the burnt leaves recover from that or should he just cut those leaves off?
no the leaves themselves wont and eventually they fall off, i always cut them off its better for the plant from what i have noticed, the plant doesn't have to put energy into shedding them

thanks your friend Joe

Pot them up.
Make sure they drain well.
Peppers take a bit to harden off, make sure they get lots of shade for a while.
Use a good quality mix and lay off the ferts till they take.
Let them droop before watering, and not just from heat. They will droop a bit even when flooded if in full sun.
Looks like too much plant in too little space to me.
Some like to yellow for some reason.
I have 2 charleston pepper plants that are always yellow, and treated exactly the same as all the others who have been deep green since sprouting.

Or it could be any of a hundred other reasons. ;)

K thanks alot guys! I just transplanted them and put them back under the light and the yellow leaves have turned more green but the brown ones are still brown. Ill check on them tom and if there still brown i will pull them out. Also how do i know what size pots i should of planted them in? I have 1 ghost, 1 7pot, 4 thai sun, 2 orange hab, 1 peter, 2 trinidad scorp.

Thanks
Nick

think it just depends on the size of your plant at the time, then again you dont want to be transplanting them every month 2-3 times is good.
so maybe go to a 1-2 gallon or bigger and then after that hit a 5 gallon, dont think you need much more than that.

do you plan on putting them in the ground at any time or straight pots?

If you plan on going into the ground then 1-2 gallon should be plenty before you transplant.

Back