• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

please identify this naga type plant

Looks too big to be either Dorset or Naga plus as others have said it's too "pimply".

Please keep us up to date on this wicked looking monster Fran.

thanks everybody for your inputs.

or maybe they're infinity peppers? i have seeds of those and i tend to recycle my soil when seeds don't germinate.

i'll post more pix tomorrow of the whole plant.

whatever these are, they're a keeper. =D

I did this during this season and yes, bad idea! lol. I didn't completely screw myself because I use dirt from the bag to do the seeds initially and was using the "reused soil" (that I threw in a bucket) to repot the seedlings when they were big enough or to "top off" pots that looked low. Within the past two weeks Ive been seeing a few seedlings growing in my pots with plants that are already well over 8 inches tall! Glad I didnt use any of that soil for fresh seeds!!!

Nicole

P.S. If you've got some extra seeds at the end of the season I'd be happy to take em off your hands!

I will have many seeds to trade if you're down!

Nicole

I know the Dorset story and i hate re-naming. I also dont buy the "selectively bred" jive, still love the flavour though lol.

Wouldn't you think that if selective breeding was to hold any merit in this story that maybe should have taken longer than two years? That's been my beef with this all along!!

thanks madhatter. whatever they are, i just hope they taste good.

P.S. If you've got some extra seeds at the end of the season I'd be happy to take em off your hands!

I will have many seeds to trade if you're down!

don't worry i'll make sure i'll have enough to share to everyone. =D

Hi Franz

Looks to me like the New Mexico State Bhut Jolokia variety to me, I have quite a few plants of these and all seem to have the same horns & pimples on the pods which is very appealing to me, also the delicate flavour of these pods also surpasses any of the Naga varietys I have grown. Keep this one for sure, definately one of my favourites!

pix of the plant itself:

P1000233.jpg

P1000234.jpg

hope this helps.

well we finally got the answer! =D

i have a couple finally ripening, there's another one soon to ripen up.

here's one:

P1000278.jpg

P1000281.jpg

it's a choco bhut!

purty thing.

seeds of this came from dave of asia's garden (ebay)

well we finally got the answer! =D

i have a couple finally ripening, there's another one soon to ripen up.

here's one:

P1000278.jpg

P1000281.jpg

it's a choco bhut!

purty thing.

seeds of this came from dave of asia's garden (ebay)

Nice browning pod with a wicked scorpion's tail.maybe its a brown bhut x t scorp.

Oh really,how about yours? Is it pure?if it is I would like to have some :lol: and do tell how was the taste?

all i can say is that it's open pollinated. =D

Hmmmm how long is the line?

the line is only limited by the amount of seed i have. =p

Looks frickin wicked. Whats the flavour like?!

as far as i can tell, is that its tastes just like a bhut, as hot as a bhut.

first of all, sense of taste got messed up coz i kind of burned my tongue earlier after eating tom yum shrimp (not chili burn, heat from fire kind of burn)... so i apologize in advance

it started tasting almost metallic at first with a nice slow burn, didn't really taste like much tasted a bit green but that's understandable because it wasn't completely ripe, i bit off the top part of the bhut so i don't loose seeds and get the most heat. first lip burn (since i first bit a chunk off the pod after taking seeds)..... then tongue and throat burn.....lip burn still burning.... all burning sensations started increasing tenfold.....then the stomach burn started. felt like a hot coal glowing in my stomach. i had a couple gulps of soy milk, not milk milk ok? so the heat stayed there. =p and then the heat just had moved from the throat and tongue completely to the stomach and it just got worse. felt like this for a good 10 minutes. i was getting a headrush like crazy! a surge of endorphins went to my head, i felt a little sick and then i started feeling the endorphins kick in and i felt awesome. lol.

that's pretty much it.

seeds from this pod are now drying. got 9 seeds out of the first ripened pod. lol. 2nd ripening pod had a fruit fly grub in there so i threw that away and killed the little bugger.

hey scott, if you need the seeds from this specific pod, i can send them soon as they're fully dried. no worries. god knows i owe you enough seeds to give you whatever you want. =D

Fully nice description Francis. It does not look like a "normal" bhut to me.
Be nice to grow next to another chinense and see what happens ;)

Back