• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Poblano Poppers!

We're having a bunch of people over tomorrow for dinner, like 20, and I wanted to make a great appetizer. Thought of poppers, but wanted something larger than jalapenos. Found bags of Poblanos...perfect!

Started with 16 Poblanos, stemmed and deseeded, then put them under the broiler for 10 minutes on a side. After that they went into a bowl covered with plastic wrap until they reached room temp, then they were peeled.

For the stuffing (all mixed together):
Two tubs of cream cheese
One tub ricotta
Two bags shredded sharp cheddar
One chopped Johnsonville Summer Sausage
Chopped green onions
Chopped Enoki mushrooms

Stuffed the peppers with the above mix, then wrapped each one with two slices of turkey bacon. They then went into the oven at 450F for 15 minutes.

Pics below. Forgot to take pics until most were stuffed. Oh well.

Peeled peppers (leftover):

peeledpeppers.jpg

This is the summer sausage I used (big chunks):

sausage.jpg

Stuffing (just before stuffing the last pepper):

filling.jpg

Before the oven:

beforeoven.jpg

Done!

done-3.jpg

You lost me at Turkey bacon.

You're serving those tomorrow and already cooked them?

Would have loved regular bacon, but we already had two packs of turkey bacon in the fridge that needed to be used up. Just pop them in the oven tomorrow for another five minutes and they'll be ready to serve!

Some of us on the left coast are weird, anyway. ;)

Turkey bacon or not... I would be glad to partake! They look right to me and I'll take Pi's shrooms :)
What time should I arrive?

Doc.. if youre in rosemead... drop some off.... last year i made those and are great taste and heat... my poblanos were small (1/4 the regular size) and worked out well

MmM now you're making me hungry :o( I shouldn't of been looking at the cooking forum I knew this would happen damnit. (to lazy to cook or go to supermarket!)

xo Nicole

Back