• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pod Pilferers and the Law

rabbit said:
Messing with Potawies plants!!.............They are lucky to have gotten away!:lol:

Its not like I would shoot some kids for stealing a pepper but I know I did scare the living sh@t out of them;)

DevilDuck said:
No, but his family can.
True. However, there's still the court room. I would definitely hope I'm never in that situation. I have been overseas, but war's a little different. Personally I would hope people can just respect things and shooting someone would be the last thing I want to do. However, I'm with a couple other people on here. If there's a robber in my house, and I can access a gun I will. Shoot them necesarily. Probably not. Usually that's enough for someone to leave. Trust me, having to have use that threat before works quite well. It's oddly an amazing breaker of the language barrier. Make an advance towards me in my own house though in the middle of the night. No if's and's or butts about it. The person's dead and if there family wants to be retarded enough to attempt a lawsuit later they are more than welcome too. They'd better have a good lawyer though. Self defense is something that holds up quite well in the courts. Enough of that though. It's not something I would ever hope would occur, but in that situation that's how it is.;)

POTAWIE said:
Its not like I would shoot some kids for stealing a pepper but I know I did scare the living sh@t out of them;)

For a pepper I'd probably make them eat it and video tape there reaction on you/tube:lol:

rabbit said:
The person's dead and if there family wants to be retarded enough to attempt a lawsuit later they are more than welcome too. They'd better have a good lawyer though. Self defense is something that holds up quite well in the courts. Enough of that though. It's not something I would ever hope would occur, but in that situation that's how it is.;)

Be careful. State laws vary widely on the definition of 'self-defense' and most especially when deadly force is an issue. Florida had one of the stupidest, most convoluted definitions of it i've ever seen. So bad, in fact, that up until about 2 or 3 years ago, you would have had been in a much better legal position if you had just stabbed the shit out of a home invader and let him bleed to death as opposed to shooting the f**ker in the kneecap. That would've been almost instant jail time.

Sickmont said:
Be careful. State laws vary widely on the definition of 'self-defense' and most especially when deadly force is an issue. Florida had one of the stupidest, most convoluted definitions of it i've ever seen. So bad, in fact, that up until about 2 or 3 years ago, you would have had been in a much better legal position if you had just stabbed the shit out of a home invader and let him bleed to death as opposed to shooting the f**ker in the kneecap. That would've been almost instant jail time.

Like I said Sickmont. I DO NOT want to ever be in that position. If some stanger was to make a move on me in my house I would do something though. I mean it when I said I most definitely wouldn't want that to happen. I may be a little rough around the edges in some areas, but when it comes to trying to be a peaceful person I'd rather sway to the good side and oddly even though my anwer is this way in this hypothetical scenario I'm the kind of guy that actually will avoid a fight 9 out of 10 times. It's not like if in that hypothetical situation you can just sit there and debate what you would do either. It's either you do something, or you're family possibly presses charges on someone for murder and a break in. I know which end I'd rather be on. From the legal standpoint of the law. Yes, there's always some crooked lawyer that can get rich twisting the law. Most definitely a hypothetical I would never want to be in. However, if it's a threat on my families, or my own life that is my answer, and if I had to deal with some crooked lawyer for it that would be the case. Enough of this though. This is getting tense:lol: I'd rather talk about some tasty food that burns twice, or the outdoors, or something of similar nature:cool:

post deleted

I'm not sure if local authorities would accept your permission to shoot trespassers as an excuse! If I ever get to Texas I'll let you introduce me to the art of treating uninvited visitors, mate!!!

Whoa.

See... really I was just kind of curious about potential liability of a "crime of opportunity/curiosity/stupidity". Like someone walking home from the bar, a teenage dare, or some such. Not really anything with a malicious intent. Not something that I really worry a lot about, it just wanders around in the back of my head (it's crowded back there).

But since we've wandered into "home invasions" -- I had a guy walk into my house at 3am last year, and then argue with me that he wasn't in the wrong place when I found him standing (yeah, just standing there) in my living room. :shocked:

Aaaahhh... the wonders of crystal meth.

Chiliac said:
I'm not sure if local authorities would accept your permission to shoot trespassers as an excuse! If I ever get to Texas I'll let you introduce me to the art of treating uninvited visitors, mate!!!

I removed all my post concerning property protection Chiliac...I got way off subject...apologies to cyakker...

if you care what the law is in Texas concerning this issue, please reference Texas Penal Code, Chapter 9...(google it)

cyakker said:
Whoa.

See... really I was just kind of curious about potential liability of a "crime of opportunity/curiosity/stupidity". Like someone walking home from the bar, a teenage dare, or some such. Not really anything with a malicious intent. Not something that I really worry a lot about, it just wanders around in the back of my head (it's crowded back there).

But since we've wandered into "home invasions" -- I had a guy walk into my house at 3am last year, and then argue with me that he wasn't in the wrong place when I found him standing (yeah, just standing there) in my living room. :shocked:

Aaaahhh... the wonders of crystal meth.
I apologize for straying myself as well. It's REALLY easy to get off of topic:lol:. Honesty, sorry about that it doesn't take long to veer off into the twilight zone:lol:

AlabamaJack said:
I removed all my post concerning property protection Chiliac...I got way off subject...apologies to cyakker...

if you care what the law is in Texas concerning this issue, please reference Texas Penal Code, Chapter 9...(google it)
I'm in one of my nerdy research modes. I'll research it AJ. Something else to look up...:lol: I'll keep it off of here though.

if someone drunkenly steals and eats a naga then comes to physical harm as a result that's just natural selection, you're doing the species a favour.

GrumpyBear said:
if someone drunkenly steals and eats a naga then comes to physical harm as a result that's just natural selection, you're doing the species a favour.
What if I were to drunkenly eat a Naga? That's something I would actually do if I was pretty wasted.:lol::lol: I remember the last time I was drunk. I took a tablespoon of DM MKII. That really hurt too:shocked::lol:

rabbit said:
What if I were to drunkenly eat a Naga? That's something I would actually do if I was pretty wasted.:lol::lol: I remember the last time I was drunk. I took a tablespoon of DM MKII. That really hurt too:shocked::lol:

if you already know it's a naga that's a whole other drunken story, i'm referring to the drunken "i wonder what that is, i'm gonna eat it" concept...

AlabamaJack said:

I didn't mean to criticize you - not a bit, but it probably is a smart move anyway, to keep a low profile when it comes to stuff like that! :)

I hope you didn't get my comment wrong, man!

GrumpyBear said:
if you already know it's a naga that's a whole other drunken story, i'm referring to the drunken "i wonder what that is, i'm gonna eat it" concept...

Good point. That would be pretty funny honestly to see though.;):hell::lol:

Back