• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pollution Suit Puts Chill on Popular Hot Sauce Sriracha

they should just move out of California to a state that would be more hospitable to them, its quite obvious that Cali dosnt care about the revenue that this company brings there state and the town the factory is in more than likly taking up a large chunk of the tax burden
and sure make them spend more money on unnessisary equipment for something that is not a form of hazardous pollution and make it harder for the company to function,turn a profit and eventually maybe even move or go out of business
so when they leave will they only then see the error of there ways??, people are being rediculous!!

California wont be satisfied until no one wants to set up shop there,maybe thats just what they to learn,shame the people that live there will be the first to suffer
im all for cleaning up and keeping the evironment clean but its apparent the evironmentalist dont know where to draw the line anymore

thanks your friend joe

I agree with you there Joe, having lived in calif for twenty years they keep looking the gift horse in the mouth and finding that it has some flaws. Perhaps they need to move to a more friendlier state like Missouri, I happen to like their sauce and we need more companies to work for other than Walmart.

Heh...

Remember people, elections have consequenses.

I believe we are witnessing this nationwide with the Progessive agenda, which is, in actuality, the antithesis of of liberty and personal freedom.

ajijoe said:
they should just move out of California to a state that would be more hospitable to them, its quite obvious that Cali dosnt care about the revenue that this company brings there state and the town the factory is in more than likly taking up a large chunk of the tax burden
and sure make them spend more money on unnessisary equipment for something that is not a form of hazardous pollution and make it harder for the company to function,turn a profit and eventually maybe even move or go out of business
so when they leave will they only then see the error of there ways??, people are being rediculous!!

California wont be satisfied until no one wants to set up shop there,maybe thats just what they to learn,shame the people that live there will be the first to suffer
im all for cleaning up and keeping the evironment clean but its apparent the evironmentalist dont know where to draw the line anymore

thanks your friend joe
Sounds like you live here Joe. Can't wait to retire and get out of this State. Arizona bound for me!

SL3 said:
Sounds like you live here Joe. Can't wait to retire and get out of this State. Arizona bound for me!
no dont live there wont live there i have been a resident of Pennsylvania my whole life but i have seen so much garbage legislation from CA that it sickens me to no end

Reactions: SL3
ajijoe said:
no dont live there wont live there i have been a resident of Pennsylvania my whole life but i have seen so much garbage legislation from CA that it sickens me to no end
Yes sir. Try living here. This is one topic I need to stay clear of. I'm counting the days. Only a couple of years left.

Yea i saw this story on the local news here in florida. Was laughing about it to the wife how i guess the smell of jalapenos is too offensive to some folk. Man up people. That plant is more than likely keeping that town alive.

Denton TX wants them. TB, isn't that right by you? :)

The Hot Pepper said:
Denton TX wants them. TB, isn't that right by you? :)

Denton, Dallas, Abilene, San Antonio, The RGV, ALL of Texas would welcome heartily Huy Fong and they're wonderful products. 

Texas is very business friendly and we have the manpower and infrastructure to assist in Huy Fong's continued success.

"That's right, you're not from Texas but Texas wants you anyway!" ~ Lyle Lovett

Another shining example is In-N-Out's move to Texas.

Awesome!

Right into the heart of one the most profitable fast food franchise's and beloved by myself and many Texan's..WHATABURGER.

We have plenty room for ever body!

Yeah yeah yeah... Blame the citizens of the town. I suspect none of you have ever lived near any business that creats an odor. Any odor and I mean ANY odor, day in, and day out is beyond the scope of "comfortable living". If you can't open the windows to your house, or sit out in your backyard and BBQ something, that's too much. If that smell were sound they would make them turn it the F :censored: K down. Living with a bad odor is not justified with "jobs" and "a better local economy". We as taxpayers have a certain expectation to quality of life. Why can't the strict lawmakers of CA force them to implement an emissions control filter system?

If these big companies want to make a product in mass quantities, and reap the proffits, they should be considerate to the community where they operate. So, they move the smelly factory to Wisconsin, or Kansas, or anywhere else, the smell will still be offensive, (maybe more if said place has more relaxed laws on smell) and the community will still complain. I would.

Back