• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

pomegranate hot sauce recipe?

Hi, 
i wonder if any of you guys have experimented with pomegranate.
I would like to try such sauce with also using habaneros but was just wondering what base is best suitable for such taste.
Would appreciate any recipes, experiments or advices

Thank you

I attempted to make a Pomegranate Pequin Jelly this year with Pequins i got from a local market, POM juice, and Key Lime juice to help it set...
as i had never made a jelly with pomegranate before, this was an experiment.  I ended up getting distracted :beer: and overcooking it while reducing :mope:

it ended up Not Jelly...  oops
turned out more like a paste actually.  I Plan on using it in marinades, glazes, and quick sauces instead of on Bagels, or Toast.

it has a unique yet familiar flavor (closest i can place it to is the Tamarindo candy we ate when i was a kid, but i think that was made with chili de arbol)

anyway it was a fun experiment that turned out a tasty sweet and slightly tart, spicy paste.

I don't know if this experience will help you much, but that's what i have to add for personal experience working with chilies and Pomegranate 

Best of luck, and please share your results when you do make your sauce

:cheers:
Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
 I attempted to make a Pomegranate Pequin Jelly this year with Pequins i got from a local market, POM juice, and Key Lime juice to help it set...
as i had never made a jelly with pomegranate before, this was an experiment.  I ended up getting distracted :beer: and overcooking it while reducing :mope:

it ended up Not Jelly...  oops
turned out more like a paste actually.  I Plan on using it in marinades, glazes, and quick sauces instead of on Bagels, or Toast.

it has a unique yet familiar flavor (closest i can place it to is the Tamarindo candy we ate when i was a kid, but i think that was made with chili de arbol)

anyway it was a fun experiment that turned out a tasty sweet and slightly tart, spicy paste.

I don't know if this experience will help you much, but that's what i have to add for personal experience working with chilies and Pomegranate 

Best of luck, and please share your results when you do make your sauce

:cheers:
Guatemalan Insanity Pepper
Haha ,
getting distracted while playing with fire could be dangerous.
Thank you for the tips, i will try few ideas and see what happens.

Will post rewards..
Cheers

Back