• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

PORKGASM

Ok. So I only have one pic. This turned out really good so I thought I would share with y'all.

First step, DRY RUB

• 2 cup light brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons paprika
• 4 teaspoons seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
• 2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
• 2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 2 SMOKED AND DRIED PEPPERS (I used jalapenos)
• 1 Tablespoon dried superhot powder.

I mix all this together in the food processor to get a nicely blended fine powder. Once mixed rub all over your 7-10 pound pork shoulder and refrigerate overnight.

Pull your pork out and throw it in the oven at 225º for 12 hours or until the internal temp is at least 170º.

Once you take the pork out, it's time to move to the smoker. I used hickory wood for smoke and a homemade pineapple superhot sauce to baste the pork before smoking. Smoke for 2-3 hours and serve.

Voila, Porktastic!

After you're done take all the leftovers and throw them in the crockpot with a couple of beers to make a fantastic pulled pork.

Living on the coast of MA, I have some good friends with some serious tackle for pullin' bluefin. I'm working on some trades for tuna steaks, using my sauces as bait. The tuna aren't running now, but I'm thinking ahead. I've been drooling for seared tuna to pair with my asian yellow 7 sauce. If next year is a good one, so help me I will find a way to get some tuna out to you!

Holy awesome MCH! Nothing beats fresh caught. Yum. Now get to killing some stuff! :dance:

I have never had pork shoulder......thank you for giving me a reason to crave something that came out of a pigs rotater cuff......lol YUM!
woohoo.gif

It looks hot and delicious! And, the name sounds a bit awkward. LOL. But it doesn't matter. :D

I had the pleasure of eating some of this at Seth's the day it was made. Let me tell you that name fits perfect. Your will have a mental Porkgasm when it hits your tongue.

Back