• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Post office nut cases

Another story....
A couple years ago, I sent a SecretSanta mfrb on Nov 28th. Heard from the coordinator on Dec 28th the recipient did not get their package. I immediately sent out a replacement, received all good.

On July 7th, the following year....the original package is delivered to the recipient, perfect condition.

So....where was the package all that time? We will never know........

Simple standard letter. FedEx wanted $100.

Last year sent mother (Germany)a small parcel with 200 4x5 pictures for Christmas, it arrived on Mothers day the next year.

PaulG said:
In defense of the mail service, sometimes it works 
really well. PtMD989 and I just did a seed swap - three
days each way, MI to OR!

Go figure.

Oh yeah, and a five day trip to EU for B3rnd!

OK, so knowing what they're actually capable of accomplishing doesn't raise a hairy one when it *coughunioncough* goes so terribly wrong?

Every shipment I've ever received via UPS "Surepost" has had delays, misdirection, damage or all out disappearance. That's what you get when ordinarily competing shippers connive to "work together"....

dragonsfire said:
Simple standard letter. FedEx wanted $100.

Last year sent mother (Germany)a small parcel with 200 4x5 pictures for Christmas, it arrived on Mothers day the next year.

You can send a first class letter to EU for the
price of a global stamp - cost less than $2.

It would seem a surety that Canada has a
similar mail rate/system? If not take a trip to
the U.S. and mail from there.  It can't cost as
much as the $75 or $100 you mentioned  :rofl:

Nope, its just realy screwed up here :( Even someone wanting to send a parcel cant because of shipping cost across this boarder.
Ive ordered stuff from the UK Amazon and had it shipped to the rest of Europe and its normal post.
Not to mention many companies will no longer ship to Canada.

Back