• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Post your Fatalis

Here is only one fatali plant growing in 5 gallon bucket. Lots of pods, but they are not ripen yet.

Fatalii_070308.jpg

Heres some pics of my Fatali's. They were started indoors from seed March 30 and moved outside into a greenhouse May 1 and then moved onto the shed roof May 18. Had about a month of real foul weather at that point. Very unseasonably cold and rainy. All of the c.chinense varieties basicilay stopped growing for that period and showed various signs of stress from the adverse conditions. The last week and a half or so we have had nice warm , even hot weather and lots of sunlight and they have all started to take off with lots of new growth.

I have 2 Fatali's and it's my first year growing that variety. I have read lots of good things about their flavour and am REALLY looking forward to my first pod harvest and tasting.

My Fatali's are just starting to show their first little baby pods. These photos were taken this afternoon.

P1170597640x480.jpg

P1170587640x480.jpg

P1170591640x480.jpg

I've used tomato, vegetable fertilizer 15-15-30. Its a water soluble feed similar to miracle grow from a company called plant-prod. I also put some bone meal in the soil when I potted them up into the 5 gal pots and I've recently given them a dose of epsom salts.

I wasn't aware of that Potawie I thought they were seperate companies. I noticed that Turf Builder lawn fertilizer was made by the same company as Miracle Grow, Scotts in Mississauga Ontario but I didn't realize that Plant-Prod products Co Ltd./Spectrum Brands from Brantford Ont. was owned by Miracle Grow. Is this common knowledge or do you know this by local knowlede there in Ontario.

By the way Potawie, I was looking through your photo album last night and all I can say is WOW!! I am so jealous. What a fantastic setup you have. That's my dream, to move out of the big city off this little 33' x 105' lot and get some acerage in the interior and build something like your setup. Awesome setup you have.

I think miracle grow has bought out a lot of other companies. They seem to own everything in the home fertilizer market now including plant prod I believe, but I could be wrong about that.

I've never grown the red but I can't see it having the same flavor as the yellow or golden. I seem to have a real thing for any yellow C. chinenses:P

Here are mine... I have 4 plantsand they have been very prolific. I have already eaten about 20 pods, plus about 20 in the freezer waiting to trascend to hot sauce.

04072008177.jpg

30052008129.jpg

This is my first time growing these and I have to say they are quicly becoming my favorite chile. I find these even better than habaneros both flavor and heatwise. The flavor is more subtle than the habanero, which by comparison taste overripe to me. Chalk up one more for fatalis

Fatali Frenzy

Radical!
Fatali is a nice looking growing plant.
It is far faster and larger of a plant than habs right?

Fatalii are good producers but I've had many C. chinense that are more productive and/or larger, but non more flavorful

After reading this thread last night, I was dreaming about eating one, cause I've never had them. Mmm, I know they got to be good.

I have not had them either yet, other than in Stillmanz Devils Tongue Jerk Sauce and they are very nice...

I have 5 devils tongues and 8 Fataliis growing now...the ones that were planted the end of Feb are doing as well or better than the ones that got sunburned and were started the end of January...they are just now starting to fruit....flowering good but the fruit set has not been that good...I helped them with nutes over the past 3-4 days tho...

Fataliis-DevilsTongue07-06-08.jpg

Back