• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Post Your Ride

my 2006 VE SS. 460 Rear Wheel Horsepower... Its a fun bit of gear :)

My old motorbike: 2007 1300cc Yamaha V Star

My new bike that I just got a few months ago: Yamaha MT 09

Impressive power gain there Moyboy, did you get that from just fitting the Chev badge? ;-)

Seriously, I was always a Ford man but the FG GT is butt ugly so I bought my first ever Holden a few years ago, VE E3 Clubsport. Not done any power mods to it so your SS would leave it for dead. Can't wait to trade it in on the new Mustang when it arrives though.....

Nice ride PK2. I loved those cars back in the day. But, not to be all correcty n'sheeit but 450 hp??? No. There have only been a handful of cars ever sold that were 450 hp.
The 1985 MC SS offered a 5.0L V-8 turbo that maxed out at 180 bhp. The 4.3L V-6 with throttle body fuel injection topped out at 130 hp. Yours with turbo may be around 160 hp but that's just a guess.

No matter... go do a burnout in front of some young punks in their rice burning Acura's and flip them the finger. Go have some fun in that thing!

Scoville DeVille said:
Nice ride PK2. I loved those cars back in the day. But, not to be all correcty n'sheeit but 450 hp??? No. There have only been a handful of cars ever sold that were 450 hp.
The 1985 MC SS offered a 5.0L V-8 turbo that maxed out at 180 bhp. The 4.3L V-6 with throttle body fuel injection topped out at 130 hp. Yours with turbo may be around 160 hp but that's just a guess.

No matter... go do a burnout in front of some young punks in their rice burning Acura's and flip them the finger. Go have some fun in that thing!
What the Hell are you talking about Scovie??? Thats a Grand National and if memory serves me correct those things did mid thirteen second quarter miles off the show room floor! unless modded 450 might be a stretch, but i think they were over three hundred horse from the factory.

Buick GN's are badness!

zdecker said:

14552365277_58ece64d7c_c.jpg

Rosinante gonna be famous.

Rosi needs a Kickstarter page for some bigger shoes

Sum,

Nice TJ-U or LJ as they were unoficially dubbed if I I remember.  I dearly miss my lightly modified 02 TJ seen below...

Love the JEEP!!!!!!!!

paulky_2000 said:
Look what wandered into MY yard.....

....450 horses of pure hate and disdain! :hell:

That is a badass ride. If I were to guess, it's an 86 or 87. Something like 245 hp and 355 torque stock? Paulky's engine does not look stock. 450hp from that turbo 3.8 is easy. Nice find!

Scoville DeVille said:

The stock 87's were 235 horses. More than 15 HP greater than the stock Corvettes and 25 horses greater than the Fox body's of the same vintage. They were true giant killers.

THIS ONE has forged pistons, roller cam, studded block, larger turbo and intercooler, 80# injectors, alcohol injection, ported heads with swirl polished titanium valves, Scanmaster management, 8 inch convertor, tubular rear control arms, and a lunatic for a driver..... ;)  It dynos at the rear wheels at 453 horses at 16# of boost. I COULD go as high as 20#'s without knock....but the tires couldn't handle that.....I'm pretty certain.

hogleg said:
What the Hell are you talking about Scovie??? Thats a Grand National and if memory serves me correct those things did mid thirteen second quarter miles off the show room floor! unless modded 450 might be a stretch, but i think they were over three hundred horse from the factory.

Buick GN's are badness!

This one's the real deal. I searched long and hard for it. I promise you it'll scare you to death!

TNKS said:
Grand Nationals with 450hp (single spool)are pretty mild.There are many that easily double 500+hp

I've seen them in excess of 1000HP......but this is a moderate street car. I have it on good authority that it'll put down low 12's in the 1/4 on the street tires @ 16lbs.

zdecker said:
That is a badass ride. If I were to guess, it's an 86 or 87. Something like 245 hp and 355 torque stock? Paulky's engine does not look stock. 450hp from that turbo 3.8 is easy. Nice find!

Thank you sir! Yes, it's an '87!

ETA: Oh yeah....and it'll do all that with ice cold air conditioning! Plus, the giant 4 core radiator keeps things nice and cool under the hood. :party:

paulky_2000 said:

The stock 87's were 235 horses. More than 15 HP greater than the stock Corvettes and 25 horses greater than the Fox body's of the same vintage. They were true giant killers.

THIS ONE has forged pistons, roller cam, studded block, larger turbo and intercooler, 80# injectors, alcohol injection, ported heads with swirl polished titanium valves, Scanmaster management, 8 inch convertor, tubular rear control arms, and a lunatic for a driver..... ;)  It dynos at the rear wheels at 453 horses at 16# of boost. I COULD go as high as 20#'s without knock....but the tires couldn't handle that.....I'm pretty certain.

This one's the real deal. I searched long and hard for it. I promise you it'll scare you to death!

I've seen them in excess of 1000HP......but this is a moderate street car. I have it on good authority that it'll put down low 12's in the 1/4 on the street tires @ 16lbs.

Thank you sir! Yes, it's an '87!

ETA: Oh yeah....and it'll do all that with ice cold air conditioning! Plus, the giant 4 core radiator keeps things nice and cool under the hood. :party:

Nice ride Paulky. Goad to see you back in the States ! :D

Beautiful cars(and bikes) in here!

I just picked up a 2002 IS300 for a daily a few months ago, took a while to find one with a manual transmission for a decent price but I'm really happy with it. My previous daily was a 94 Geo Prism so pretty much anything would have been an upgrade haha.

Having trouble with photobucket and cant seem to get pics to load of the IS300

My weekend toy

zomgbbq365.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

And my ongoing project for the last 8 years. The first year I started working on it

Dec22_007.jpg

Dec22_014.jpg

This pic is a few years old

zomgbbq101.jpg

How the engine bay looks now

20131203_161953_zpsc51423a3.jpg

So close to being finished :dance:

935286_487775254627820_1850143706_n.jpg

I love Supras. I remember when car and driver did the 100K test on it and it only cost a fuel filter or something under $20. That car has a cult following. I had another but sold it. May post a photo later, but was a Srt-4 aka turbo neon. Had so much power added to it. Clutch shot at 25K, and could spin the tires at 93 going from 3 to 4 running 21 psi on the stock turbo with a bunch of other stuff done to it. Now I drive a 99 Mustang vert v8 as my DD. 4.10 gears though!

I wanted a '69 as well, 428 CJ actually. This was 1992. Could get a fully restored one for $14K-$17K at the time. But I was just a 16 yr old and that was too much. Got this instead for $5800 and now have about $35K wrapped up in this thing.....while that 428 is now worth $60K! Oh well.

This is a family member's car.
It's a 1929 Ford Panel Delivery with a blown 460 Ford engine producing 1,200 hp.
It's a beast!
Sorry about the picture quality as that is a photo of their business card.
His car has won the Good Guys Car Show here a few times.

Back