smokers Post your Smoker/BBQ/Cooker pics here

No I mean those are tanks you used for the smokers right? Or what did you start with?

i also designed a vacuum maranating unit. it is basic but it works well

No I mean those are tanks you used for the smokers right? Or what did you start with?
oh ya those are pressure tanks i got them from a tank company they had dents in them so they could not sell them. the firebox is 18 inch drill pipe 1/2 inch thick .

here are some more pics

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/mrbuzzsaw/?albumview=slideshow

Hey you should definitely get out to the OC fairgrounds this weekend even if only to check out some other custom smokers. If you do ever decide to compete shoot me a pm I know quit a few guys that compete and they are always open to helping / mentoring new guys looking into competing.

smokerdone6.jpg

That is straight-up BADASS! Amazing what flames do for something like that. It goes from cool to badass right quick!

heres a couple i've built. 3/8" wall 20" pipe. this first one i built for the father inlaw for Christmas. 36" cooking area and 18" firebox. cooks like a dream and wish i had another this size.
everyday070.jpg

this is mine, same pipe but longer. 48" cooking area with stainless shelf.
cooker.jpg

@redeyes - I'm in the market for a new smoker and your's looks like the kind I have in mind! What brand is it and where did you get it?

Got a chargriller and did a few mods.

First, I added an 18" extendable grate on the firebox side that fits under the main cooking grates...
8478754831_0c8c091e41_b.jpg

This addition will hold the water pans that also act as a heat diffuser to help distribute the heat evenly on both side of the smoking chamber.

8479866162_49096255c1_b.jpg

Then I added a thermometer on both sides of the lid at grate level to monitor the heat and ensure it's even on both sides. I can adjust the heat distribution by sliding my water pans either closer to the firebox or further away

8473909206_9ee759abae_b.jpg

Then I sealed up all of the gaps with black RTV silicon to hold in smoke and heat. Chargriller is made of light gauge steel, so you'll need help holding in as much heat as you can.

8479852330_a2a99a806a_b.jpg

8478764869_4f71b820ec_b.jpg

Lastly, I spray the outside down with cooking oil whenever I use it to sort of season the outside and help preserve the paint and inhibit rust/corrosion. That's the sheen you see here on the firebox.

8479862158_cc836d9726_b.jpg

And that's how you turn a $200 Chargriller into a smoking machine! Now let's fire this thing up and get some ribs smoking!

Nice Modifications there Phil. I will need to add some gab seal stuff to mine, I think.

It's a cheap box type, but it works...

I WANNA SEE THEM RIBS!!!

Cheap works fine! There are tons of mods you can find online to tweak your cheap cooker.

I wish I had the dough for some of the big machines I saw on here... wow! I'll post pics of the ribs later on. Now get cookin'!

hadn't even thought of that! If they unload those bad boys and get to cooking I'll walk down and grab some pics....and hopefully a plate!

Back