• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Potato Chips Dipped In 'Hot' Chocolate

Probably similar recipes here, but I recently tried this:

** This is one of those things that sounds disgusting, and it seems as though you will either really like it, or really hate it - nothing in between **

Ingredients: Thick Style Potato Chips (In our area Costco sells their brand of lightly salted chips - thicker than standard ones)
Melting Chocolate (Wilburs melting chocolate in our area)
Your favorite pepper powder (I use slight amount of my bhut powder)

Prep: Layout sheet of wax paper to have the dipped chips to harden

Now, I assume I dont' have to tell everyone to open the bag of chips .. so I won't

Melt chocolate - easiest way is in the microwave

Add small amount of pepper powder and mix thouroughly - experiment - I really don't add much. I want to be able to taste the combination of tastes - the cruch and saltiness of the potato chip; the sweetness of the chocolate; and the heat of the pepper

Take one chip at a time and using finger dip the chip into the chocolate mix - cover about 3/4 of the chip.
Place on wax paper to cool.
** I usually try a couple at this point to see if any pepper needs to be added, or if you have to melt more chocolate to reduce the amount of heat **
I line a can with wax paper (not required) to store the finished chips.

This is a great snack even without the hot pepper - kids love em!

I doesn't sound odd to me I love sweet and salty. I love chocolate covered pretzels, or bark with almonds and sea salt. Sounds good.

Pepperfreak said:
Sounds interesting.....But, no pictures?
I'm in Ohio with my in-laws this weekend - probably not too far from you :) .... pictures with next batch. Guess I should know by now that I should supply pics with my 'experiments'

Back