• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Potatoes ! Chili !... i love the two together..

Have you tried cooking up or roasting some peppers until very soft and removing the skin and mixing them into mashed potatoes?

If you have a pastry bag, try this.

Take cooked peppers of any kind you want, skin them as best you can. Boil up some potatoes and mash them. Mix in the softened peppers and perhaps add some egg white as a binder, or maybe a splash of milk or some sour cream. Make yourself a thick potato paste, season to taste, and fill a pastry bag with the mixture (use a shaped pastry bag tip for cool shapes). Heat some oil up for deep frying. Pipe in the potato mixture and cook it up funnel cake style or just make strips. Prepare the mixture the night before and refrigerate it for best results.

(i'll be making this pretty soon i think)

fineexampl said:
Have you tried cooking up or roasting some peppers until very soft and removing the skin and mixing them into mashed potatoes?

If you have a pastry bag, try this.

Take cooked peppers of any kind you want, skin them as best you can. Boil up some potatoes and mash them. Mix in the softened peppers and perhaps add some egg white as a binder, or maybe a splash of milk or some sour cream. Make yourself a thick potato paste, season to taste, and fill a pastry bag with the mixture (use a shaped pastry bag tip for cool shapes). Heat some oil up for deep frying. Pipe in the potato mixture and cook it up funnel cake style or just make strips. Prepare the mixture the night before and refrigerate it for best results.

(i'll be making this pretty soon i think)

that actually sounds pretty good mate !
i will be sure to try this out...:)
thanks alot mate..cheers

Chili the meal, or pepper?

Back