• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pr0digal-son`s Cumari du Para. Incredible pepper!!!

John (Pr0digal_son) sent me a nice box of peppers, including some very rarely seen ones. This is one of those, the Cumari du Para, a wild C.chinense from the state of Para in Brazil. 

I will never be without this pepper for as long as I live. Seeds are already in jiffy pellets!

What an amazing thing. Huge explosion of flavour, followed by quite a bit of heat. You have to find room to grow these, really, believe me   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbaAFQqEQAw

Fun review to watch, Nigel.  I enjoyed your enthusiasm and didn't have to feel sorry for your pain!
They sound wonderful.

I had some Wild Brazil peppers from NattyPepper.  They look just like those in size, color and shape.  I found them very flavorful, then a few moments later they slapped me in the face and gave me hiccups for a half minute.  Have you had the Wild Brazil and if so how do the two compare?

by the looks of it you really like those peppers  :party:  and knowing your pepper expirence they must be really good! i would grow them if only i had more space i can barley walk through my garden  :tear:

cone9 said:
Fun review to watch, Nigel.  I enjoyed your enthusiasm and didn't have to feel sorry for your pain!
They sound wonderful.

I had some Wild Brazil peppers from NattyPepper.  They look just like those in size, color and shape.  I found them very flavorful, then a few moments later they slapped me in the face and gave me hiccups for a half minute.  Have you had the Wild Brazil and if so how do the two compare?
I have not had Wild Brazil, although I have a few plants. My understanding is that they are similar, but not the same. Hopefully some of the wild officionados will chime in.

newpeppergrower1105 said:
by the looks of it you really like those peppers  :party:  and knowing your pepper expirence they must be really good! i would grow them if only i had more space i can barley walk through my garden  :tear:
Smallesh plant,you can keep it cleaned up so it stays compact. Would work in a 3 gallon pot even.

One plant doesn't take up much space and they put out hundreds. I have had one going each of the last two years. Love them. They air dry nicely and then are great for snacking on.

Another nice review!
I'm curious as well on how this compares to other Cumari types like Wild Brazil and Passarinho.

Cya

Datil

Justaguy said:
One plant doesn't take up much space and they put out hundreds. I have had one going each of the last two years. Love them. They air dry nicely and then are great for snacking on.
Justaguy was my source and I think Chris Phillips was his initially? Very strong chinense flavor but not that musky flavor that a lot have. The flavor resurfaces every burp you have for 12 hours or more!

Yep they cam from Chris. Nigel I will be getting something together for you once my harvest comes in, and Pr0d and Matt and and and ...lol so many.

Back