• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pre-Ike Chile Garden 09-11-08 (Warning dial up users - noncompressed photos)

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
Well, I got home today and looked at my plants and decide to take a couple of pictures of my plants before Ike comes thru Sunday...

Here is a pic of "Superhot Row"...Bih Jolokias, Devils Tongue,Fatalii, 7 Pot, Datil, Dorset Naga, Red Savina, Orange Hab, Trinidad Scorpion, White Habanero, and Chocolate Habenero. I realize you can see the plants very good but this is for me to remember what I had in this row...

RealSuperhotRow09-11-08.jpg

a pic of Trinidad corner. Trinidad Scorpion, 7 Pot, Tobago Seasoning. On the right are more superhots...Bhut Jolikias, Naga Morich, Devils Tongue, and Fatalii.

TrinidadCorner09-11-08.jpg

another poster asked about overwintering plants...and you all know I cut back an orange hab in December....it is almost ready for the 3rd harvest...this plant has produced over 400 pods in two harvest...I may actually get a 4th off of it....

CutbackOrangeHab09-11-08.jpg

and finally for Chiliac...here is a picture of your lemon drop my friend...thanks for the seeds...I think I owed you this after "sacrificing" another plant....it is full of blooms and pods...the plant is 36" tall...

LimonDrop09-11-08.jpg

and by the way...this is post 3998...lookout IGG, I am coming after you...will be at 4,000 in a few minutes...

Just beautiful AJ, I was just thinking earlier that at least you had pictures on here of before the storm. Sounds like you are going to get a whopper.

plants are looking good, was my 1st year growing those lemon drops & I'd have to say they're very prolific & plants grow big.

hope everything survives the storm for ya, & you/family/friends stay safe.
so I take it you're not bringing any plants inside for the storm ?

BTW the pictures are just fine

thanks all...

it looks like the storm is going to pass about 75 miles east of us...we will get some wind but probably not that bad of weather...I am going to start moving a few plants and moving some stuff in the yard to shelter tomorrow about noon....

you just never know which way Ike is going to go...

I hope Ike won't do any damage to this great garden, not to mention you and your family + dog.

Thanks for the Lemon Drop pic, AJ! I was actually wondering how it might be doing a few days ago, when I counted the pods on mine!

Damn A.J I wished i had your weather..Your garden is just a perfect place for chilis and must be a delight to walk around and see the constant growth going on..Never mind the harvesting lol..A real example yours and POTAWIES Of how to grow chilis ;)

You really like going out with ya short off, ah? SAME HERE! :P
Anyway, looks like a rainforest of some sort. look out for those tropical snakes!!!

Was on about his normal weather C. ;)
Not the crazy weather which plagues the Midwest at times and having been through a hurricane myself in Florida and Hawaii and its something i feel and never forget for those folks who have to go through it,Plus i have family in Daytonna,Tampa and Fort Myers so i worry a lot for those that go through such storms :rolleyes:

Good luck with Ike, AJ! And your garden is luscious ! But that's all merit of yours ! Though I must say that the 7-8 months growing season is a big help ! ;) Wouldn't mind that ! ;) How you manage such a green foliage with your torrid temperatures, is what amazes me ! :clap: :clap:

AJ,

I know you Texans - this lil wind heading your way just means you have to hold onto your Stetsons a bit tighter - at least I hope so. With the storm passing to your east, that's a good sign so hopefully things will be okay.

But look at the bright side - you'll be able to advertise your seeds as "Ike Certified - Capable of withstanding a hurricane."

Be careful, guy.

Mike

AJ you better just ship me all your plants just as a precaution. I swear I will give them back hahah. Seriously though, hope you and your family stay safe.

Josh said:
AJ you better just ship me all your plants just as a precaution. I swear I will give them back hahah. Seriously though, hope you and your family stay safe.

roflmao....wonder what fedex overnight would cost from Texas to New Jersey for 300 plants...hell, it would take an area 10' X 50' to get the plants in...and that would be squeezed...would have to have insurance... :lol:

earlier I said each forecast is moving it further to the east..thats a good thing...

my god children and their mother (my cousin that passed away last years wife) live in Pasadena just to the southwest of Houston and are staying at home...

Wow A.J that is very impressive huge plants you have back there in Texas it got to be heat over there that they grow so well, what kind fertilizer do you use my friend.

Back