• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pro Mix BX

I live in the western suburbs of Chicago, Plainfield area. Anyone know where I can buy the Pro Mix BX around here? Looking for a couple of bales. Thanks in advance.

Looks like Peoria, Illinois is the closest distributor listed. There has been talk here on the forum about farmer's co-op's have been able to order the bale's for people.

Here's the link if you did not already know it. Good Luck Mike

http://www.pro-mixbas.com/

Anywhere in Canada. lol

Canadian Tire, ROna, any greenhouse / farm and garden supply - not that it helps you much. But def check local greenhouses - they might bring it in in bulk, and might sell you some of their personal stash. I've switched many friends over to pro-mix from their old stuff.

Yeah I guess if push comes to shove, I'll take a drive out there, a 2.5 hour drive but from what it sounds like it'll be worth it. For those of you who do use it, have any of you experienced any problems with bugs. I'm asking since I'll be growing these in my basement and don't want an infestation. Thanks for all the responses.

For those of you in the Chicagoland area looking for the Pro Mix BX, I've located some at Sid's Nursery in Bolingbrook, IL. They are off of Naper/Plainfield RD. Just FYI.

looks like Sid's has their summer clearance event happening, you may want to call first, 630-904-1007; either you are going to get a good deal or they will be sold out until the spring.

if you do end up taking the drive to Windsor, Ontario give yourself a good 5 hour drive time.

I bought Promix HP at Canadian Tire $25.99, , Rona's carry BX $29.95, I bought HP because of the mycorise fungus additive, then you have to pay 13% sales tax.

You may want to do a google search for BX in Detroit, would save the border crossing.

Back