• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Probably Been Asked a Million Times....

So I am presently using three CFL lights for my Bhut and it seems to be growing rather slowly. Would this be any better? http://cgi.ebay.com/Hydroponic-Lamp-225-LED-Grow-light-Panel-Red-Blue-110-V-/320696895955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aab0649d3

lights aren't the only predictor of growth. it is just one important factor. what are you feeding your plants to entice them to grow? remember that plants are feed by both roots and leaves. if your soil is cool and microbes aren't enticing root feeding then you will suffer stunted growth. i have introduced co2 feeding to assist some of my plants that went into stall mode.

good luck

I keep my soil pretty warm. Once a week it gets a little bit of bone meal with twice a month fish emulsion and twice a month epsom salts. Alternating of course. And when I water it I stir up the soil to make sure it is aerated. I also only water once a week. on the same days I fertilize.

I personally don't have any experience with LED.
Am I right to assume HPS, or Metal Halide is out of the question? It's truly worth the extra dollars.
If you can't afford that, try a high wattage growing specified CFL. They are cheaper, and still OK.

Those LEDs by the pic in the add next to the wall plug look like 5mm LEDs.
Add says 2-4 inches from plant and covers a 16X16 area with a 12 inch panel.
Doesn't sound like it's very bright.
When I played with 5mm LEDs it takes several 3x4in panels with 100+ Leds on each to be bright enough to grow plants.

I don't know what those LEDs are,brightness etc.
The wavelengths are in the plant usable ballpark and the panel is cheap...

10mm LEDs and 5mm LEDs.

IM004809.jpg

Picture002-12.jpg

Picture001-13.jpg

Both LEDS would fit on a 12X12 panel spaced differently than each other.

Might want to send them an E mail asking what the panels are made out of and total Lumens.

If you can afford the $ and it's not bright enough you can use it for supplimental light with what you have now.

In my experiance with LEDs 2-4 inches would be too close for them.
LEDs are mini spotlights and close up you would only be shining a few at a given area.
Farther away the beams can overlap and there will be a few more lumens per sq. inch or whatever.
It also depends on the LEDs angle of the beam their LEDs are.

You get an example of what I mean by angle of the beam in my pics.
10mm LEDs are 40degree angle.The blue are about 15 degree.
Wider the angle the closer to the plants you have to put them and the tighter the angle the farther away you can put them.
Wider angled ones loose lumens faster from far away in general.

Led pics were all taken at the same time.
LEDS are bright enough in the pic to make the background look dark when the room lighting is on in both pics.
Red is about a little over 100 lumen.
Blue is probably well under 5 lumen.
Camera doesn't take good pics of LEDs when they are on.

I bought one of those 225 LED lights off ebay. I have been using on my seedlings and they seem to be growing ok,
not as fast as I would expect though, but they barely have any heat to them so you might need to introduce a heat source aswell
depending on your climate etc...

Your current setup would probably be better, in my experience Bhuts start slowly then all of a sudden they boom, be patient. :)

Are they 5mm LEDs?
About 1/4th of an inch in diameter.about 1/3rd in inch tall.
10mm are twice that...a little shorter than 1/2 inch diameter and a hair longer than 1/2 inch tall

Back