• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

probably impossible

20131101_213442.jpg

It's been this small about a month now. ... decided to go ahead and take it off the plant.. . Seed was labeled "aji limon (?)"

Flowers are a slight yellowish. ... only pod so far, season is coming to an end.... dropped to 42 this morning/last night....

Supposedly I only have to worry about nighttime temps.... the dried pieces of pods in the seed bag were yellow.... pretty sure the shape of this pod was influenced by a period of mostly cloudy and cooler than normal temps in addition to aphids attempting to invade.... hoping the flowers that have been opening pod and grow out some before frosts....
20131101_234431.jpg

I'm no expert, but I don't think those are chinense traits....

Nice shot of the fingerprints there! LOL

That pod really is tiny, but sometimes it happens. If you can, just bring your plants indoors for the winter. I grow in pots, but know some do in-ground during the grow season and dig up and put into pots for the winter. Too much work, imo, but you gotta do what you gotta do....

it could just be a severely misshapen lemon pepper. If the flowers have little golden green specks on each petal, then I'd say that's what it is.... or some other yellow c. baccatum.

BTW..... the calyx does look like the aji limon.

I don't have space for everything to come inside in pots.... that's 29 plants total.... although some are still so small they ciuld still be in solo cups.... since it shiuldbonly be nighttime temps with a frost or two, I might look into throwing together a few small pvc frame and cheap plastic coverings for them....

Maybe a cross? I haven't been able to get a good look at thw flowers, as far as I can tell they're just plain flowers but with the yellow/greenish tint from thw picture above. ...

Back