• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Problem with Fox Farm Ocean not soaking up water( bottom watering)

Well I have a dozen or so seedlings going. All are in fox farm ocean. They were started from seed in this soil. Only a couple are showing possible fert burn. Other than that the plants are growing insanely fast and big. My stem this year are very thick compared to last year. Cups are styrofoam. I have a bunch of holes in them. But they just won't suck water up from the bottom.

Any ideas?

Bud

Im using the same thing! Did you pack the potting mix in the pot? Does your pot have good drainage holes? How long are you letting the plants soak? I let mine soak for atleast an hour when watering or feeding them

Yea I packed them. Not too tight. I made more holes than last year. There just styrofOam cups. I let them sit for like fifteen minutes. I'll try longer and do it when the have a little water in them. If not I'll just keep doing it from the top. They seem to be growing well.

You're not supposed to pack the potting mix. Not only will packing cause drainage problems but it also makes it harder to absorb the water. Which means inproper plant feeding.

Btw its better to have a few big holes in your pot or cup then alot of small holes

I just loosely packed them. Not tight. It's a small cup so I didn't want to go to crazy with holes in general. I'll try to make them bigger and let it soak longer next time they need a drink. Thanks. Also I'll try to start a grow log thread with pics this weekend.

Bud

I just loosely packed them. Not tight. It's a small cup so I didn't want to go to crazy with holes in general. I'll try to make them bigger and let it soak longer next time they need a drink. Thanks. Also I'll try to start a grow log thread with pics this weekend.

Bud
Sounds good! Let me know if it will absorb the water better. Looking forward to seeing your glog! ;) good luck with your grow!!!

Back