• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Problem with leaves, need help to I.D. problem

One of my pepper plants have these weird textures on the leaves. I need help I.D'ing what these white spots are. I highly doubt those spots are mites because I watched it for a bit and nothing was moving. I even squished those spots and nothing popped. Honestly, the spots feel like they're made out of plant matter and nothing that could crawl.

zJ9QpGS.jpg
fRBn3Ek.jpg

You dont give much info about your grow or conditions, which you will find after you have been here for some time greatly influences a the degree of answer you receive in return. Only one of your pics is in focus and from that, it would appear to be frass material of some form of boring pest. That is only a wild guess at best but I dont have much to go on.

+1 to Edema. Is it more prevalent in the underside of the leaves? If it is edema, you probably need more air movement in your grow area and also need to water a little less. Edema won't go away on leaves it has already affected, but if you fix the conditions new growth should look clean. Good luck!

That looks pretty much identical to the symptoms I'm seeing on one of my plants that was sitting in soggy soil under CFL lighting for about a month with not much air circulation (except my leaves have quite a bit more of it).

After doing some research, I'm also pretty convinced that it is edema.

Although, the texture does seem a little different from most of the photos of edema that I came across online.

Here are a few photos of one of the leaves off my plant:
6YqIsCG.jpg

wEiLbET.jpg
IEpe2xS.jpg
uUQoAgf.jpg
BrKaGsJ.jpg

Back