• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Producing more flowers?

My plants are all looking well and have good pod growth. Is there any way to force new flowers on the plants or do I just wait and see if new ones grow when the already growing pods ripen. I haven't had many new flowers in a few weeks??

Picking pods off early or just as they ripen will encourage new flowers/pods to form quicker. Your plants seem to have hit their "pepper load" for now so you'll likely have to wait for more flowers to develop. They are in the ground?

No most are in containers although large ones the smallest pots are 1 gallon the largest are 5 gallon. My tobascos are in the 1 gal. and have about 25 peppers each in different stages one or two flowers. The paper lanterns have about 10 pods no flowers. orange habs. have about 10 pods 2 mature 8 not no flowers. datils are in 5 gals pots have about 15 pods and one flower on each. the list goes on but that's enough of my rambling. Thanks

you could use some liquid fertilizer that has a high number in the middle (phosphate) I've seen 1 kind that was 5-30-5
I dont know if it'll work but in theory it should or might :D :)

I wouldn,t call it a heat wave mid 90's during the day high mid 70's at night and rain every afternoon. I have shelter over my plants so they don't get too wet but still plenty of sun, will try picking some early fruit to see if it helps. Thank's all !!

Welcome to Florida if you don't like the weather here, stick around about fifteen minutes, It'll change.

jshuf, I am using a granulated fert from Shultz it is called Bloom Plus and it is 10-54-10. I have some plants with more pods and blossoms than I care to count. I am giving it to my plants every 14 days at full strength.

Bulgarian Carrot
DCP_0467.jpg

DCP_0465.jpg

Dale

THANK YOU I'M HAPPY

First of all
Thanks to all who replied, I picked all the peppers on my plants and now the orange habs have an average of 30 flowers on them. The datils have at least twenty to thirty flowers each, and the tabascos are too many to count.
WOW:onfire::shocked:
I'm impressed all I had to do was pick the pods hmm.....
Learn something new every day

THANKS ALL!!!!!

jshuf - I'm kinda confused. if all you needed to do was pick the pods (I'm assuming they were ripe?) to have the plant produce more flowers. then why didnt you pick the ripe pods from the getgo ? & do something with those ripe pods either eat'em,dry'em,freeze'em instead of letting them sit on the plant longer. instead of picking them to allow more flowers/pods to form to get a better yield from the plant.

for me as soon as the pods are ripe its gonna be picked shortly & dealt with in the hopes to get more chiles.

Back