Product Testers FOUND for new product

I think you've got yourself a great product on your hands SL. I just tried a drop of it on my tongue and while it wasn't as hot as the name made it seem, it was still a good amount of heat. When I smell it from the bottle I dont smell anything at all. And the taste... well it didn't really have much taste. If anything it was a little bit sweet which I enjoyed, and then I noticed a nice watermelon type undertone about a minute later. I think you should market two varieties of this, one that is really strong for large batches of food and one like the samples for smaller one person type meals. Overall it is a really great product and I would honestly pay $10 plus shipping for this no problem, maybe even a little more. I will get your questionnaire to you as soon as I use it in some food. Thanks a lot for letting me test this awesome product!

this is very interesting about the smells or flavors.

The ingredients are- alcohol, capsaicin, xanthan, ascorbic acid (Vit C), which might be where the slight citrus thing comes from.

I put a couple drops in less than a cup of regular V-8 and had trouble getting some heat, then put one drop on 1 cup of cream-style corn for dinner, and YEA! there's the heat. Maybe it has something to do with being in a heated product or a cold product?

Keep trying it in different things and report back. Upping the heat seems to be in the cards. For those who've tried it or will be trying it soon, how much hotter do you want it?

SL

Maybe it has something to do with being in a heated product or a cold product?

The xanthan is supposed to disperse with water, IIRC. Perhaps it isn't affected by temp but follows the liquid, diffusing more as the temp of the liquid it's placed in?

Just a theory...

For those who've tried it or will be trying it soon, how much hotter do you want it?

SL

I would say significantly hotter. I would compare the heat in the back of the throat to a hab heat and the mouth burn to a serrano, but I would like to see this product in the brain strain or douglah heat levels. I know that's kinda vague but its hard to say 4x hotter or 5x hotter as I have never worked with cap powder or crystals. Like you said, It didn't make me squirm in the video. I want it to make me sorry I tried a drop straight.

I would say significantly hotter. I would compare the heat in the back of the throat to a hab heat and the mouth burn to a serrano, but I would like to see this product in the brain strain or douglah heat levels. I know that's kinda vague but its hard to say 4x hotter or 5x hotter as I have never worked with cap powder or crystals. Like you said, It didn't make me squirm in the video. I want it to make me sorry I tried a drop straight.

I totally agree. I'm not sure what the price is going to be on this product, but considering the price of most concentrated capsaicin products, I don't think it would be worth it to me if I had to put 8-10 drops in every meal I wanted to add some decent heat to. Ideally I think it should be at a level where 2 drops in a bowl of soup/stew or 1-2 drops in a bloody mary should get it to the level where it should be. As I'm writing this I just tried another drop straight and felt a crystal drop onto my tongue. It has some heat, but it is by no means intense. Kind of like popping a slice of a red jalapeno or a serrano in your mouth. You definitely have a good product going here, but I think the concentration of capsaicin needs to be a little bit higher.

The xanthan is supposed to disperse with water, IIRC. Perhaps it isn't affected by temp but follows the liquid, diffusing more as the temp of the liquid it's placed in?

Just a theory...

lol, well this theory could be true. I took a 1/3 cup of Melinda's coffee bbq sauce last night and wanted to make it hot. So I put two drops in and tasted. I didn't notice a change, so I put 3 more drops in. Still nothing. I then put 5 more drops in to make 10 and with each time I was stirring up and tasting the sauce. Still I could not feel a difference in heat level. Another 5 drops went in to make it 15 and nothing...so at this point I shook the dropper up again and took a drip on my tongue. I felt a little something but it wasn't at all hot to me. So I continued to put drops in, in increments of 5 and tested it every time. I got to 40 drops (I know this sounds nuts but I've never used and additive before and I just figured maybe I got a bad batch because I wasn't feeling any heat) At this amount I felt a little bit of heat, so I said whatever and just started using the sauce. Well I started eating it with some chicken (cold sauce and cold chicken) I got through about 40 percent of the sauce and started getting a major body buzz. Still no heat what so ever. but I knew from the buzz that even if I didn't feel the heat It still must have worked. I stopped eating it right there and started getting worried lol. (I feel extremely stupid and embarrassed telling this) after about 15 minutes my heart rate was elevated and I felt a crazy buzz all over my body from endorphins I suppose. (I figured if I don't feel any heat just keep putting it in....I was wrong) I felt like I was literally on drugs. The capsaicin worked it's way through my body..I could feel it. I was cracked out and nervous for about 45 minutes. Finally I started to feel a little better. This was at 130 in the morning so I really didn't have anyone online to come and ask if there was anything I should do and since this was my first experience with that much capsaicin I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Long story long.....I learned a huge lesson....even if you don't feel the heat (for whatever reason I am still baffled) the capsaicin is in there and should be handled as such. If anyone has anything they would like to share in their own experience with something like this..please let me know. When I eat a super hot, I get an intense burn...so I know the heat is there...with this there was nothing but my body still reacted as if there was. Sorry for this being so long, I just want everyone to know what I experienced because it was intense. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS.

I am about to test the cold vs. hot theory in a minute. Im going to put this stuff in some ramen noodles and report back.

I also agree the throat heat is close to an orange hab, and the mouth is about a serrano

Edit: the way this stuff works is really weird. It seems the hotter the food it goes in the hotter it is. Putting two drops in a bowl of ramen noodles (about 1.5 cups water + noodles) resulted in a really good burn. I don't quite know what to compare it to, maybe a cayenne. Nonetheless, I really like this product!

3/5 I am pretty sure the capsaisin causes the "pain" thereby causing the body to release endorphins. Now I reall have to go bug Seth and try this again because I am curious what feeling a high dose gives you.

I tried it out today at work in a 12 oz V8 juice. One drop well stirred in was not noticeable. With half of the juice gone from the container I added 3 more drops and with the same result. I am home now and will try it in some heated food.

Later Mike

3/5 I am pretty sure the capsaisin causes the "pain" thereby causing the body to release endorphins. Now I reall have to go bug Seth and try this again because I am curious what feeling a high dose gives you.

That's what I though JaG but I got real good and messed up from having that much of this stuff. It's crazy. Let me know how it goes. Maybe it's just me.

I tried it out today at work in a 12 oz V8 juice. One drop well stirred in was not noticeable. With half of the juice gone from the container I added 3 more drops and with the same result. I am home now and will try it in some heated food.

Later Mike

I'd really like to hear your results.

Serrano, cayenne... it does not sound Evil! Yet? SL, 20x heat.

I haven't read everyone's responses, so excuse me if I'm repeating what's already been said.
I love V-8. Poured (& measured) 12 oz. in a glass, 3 drops... nothing, 3 more... nothing, 5 more... nothing, and now I'm probably down to 9 oz.?
5 more drops... nothing. After16 drops, I thought maybe it loses it's potency...? (same batch as everyone else has). So I put one drop on my tongue. Zoinks-Yo!
It hadn't lost it's heat, but not as hot as I remember (I was also eating Butch T's at the time). I think it reacts with the sugars in the V-8 somehow, and it gets smacked down.
Based on V-8 it could easily be 20X hotter, however, eating a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup is probably another story. Will try tonight in CJ's Turkey noodle....

edit: Another thought, I wonder if maybe it doesn't break down as fast? I'll pour 12 more oz.'s and shake it in a bottle, put it in the fridge until morning... we'll see.

I will have to steal some of Seth's to try in my hand lotion.
just keep that bottle on the top shelf of YOUR side of the vanity cabinet! :lol:

Well this is really getting some interesting reactions. 3/5 I hope your back to normal now. Yikes!

Scovie, that's a good idea to see if it changes overnight. I had the same result for cold V-8. I'm bummed it doesn't seem to be working for cold items, but (gitguy?) said it heated up the Sriracha. Keep trying it and posting.

One more bottle went out today. I think that's everyone. Let me know if you didn't get a questionaire.

I'm off to dinner now and then studying for a test tomorrow. Will check back in later.

OK ,I had a can of Chicken and rice soup in which I added a couple drops at mid heating. Had a few spoon fulls and noticed a mild temperature increase. By the time I finished it was more noticeable. It is like the warm afterglow of a nice spicy plate of food. I think 3 or 4 drops would have been more pleasing.

Definitely better than the V8 trial. No unpleasant taste to report.

SL, I did receive the questionnaire and will get that back to you.

I'll try to get more info here tomorrow.

Mike

I tried it tonight incrementally mixed into a mild datil sauce and even after 20 drops into about 2 oz I never really got any noticeable heat, I was expecting it to be much hotter. After reading some other posts I will try it in some hot foods and see how it goes. Mixed into a cold sauce does not seem to do much so far.

Wow, Ok, this is interesting...
After 12oz of "Original" V-8 (not Spicy), and 16 drops, last night with nothing, I remeasured 12 oz. V-8 and put 4 drops in a shaker bottle.
Shakeshakeshake, into the fridge. This morning it's spicier than "Spicy V-8". Definetly Spicier than the 12oz. last night with 16 drops!
Weather it's the sugars, tomato acid, or the coldness, it did defuse overnight.
Put your glasses on SL, you know, the ones with the white tape on the bridge.... You have to figure all this out, pocket liner optional....

Back