Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never paid for a seed and never will. I have never sold seeds and never will. Anyone who is in this scene for money, owes everything to the internet, not their peppers. Want to know how I judge which peppers are the hottest? I grow monster plants and let them speak for themselves. If they are worth keeping, they end up like my fatalii as a 7 year old tree. All these people arguing over owning a plant make me laugh. I should start my own pepper judging organization...

Further more, if they were really concerned with creating hotter fruit, they would re think their cultivation methods...

Guru, it is all marketing by the sellers and egos for the buyers. When the morugas "became" the hottest pepper I looked through my seed collection and realized I had some. Never planted them, had no interest. I enjoy growing the peppers I like not what everyone thinks is coolest at "this time".

Only trade for seeds, never buy.

Howdy Primo !

Welcom back to the THP , looking foward to getting to know ya .

Stay bad !

By the way .... SATERIA is a bad ass band !

@Primo,

I had the first seeds of Bhut jolokia and I had very early Trinidad Scorpion and Trinidad Douglah, I had original Trinidad Morouga in the fridge (Thank You Chris !!!) and didn´t know that it would be the next world record holder.

Beleave me, don´t invest in record holders!

I´m running a top seed service for many years and the big money is made with something trivial like South American Ajis, Jalapeños, Cayenne, Rocotos and standard Habaneros.

If you still want to make money with a record holder, don´t publish the blablabla of Pepper Joe and try to sell seeds (that you don´t have in hands) as early as possible.
Before !! your next season, a number of vendors will offer your variety and reduce your incomes to standard Ancho sales.
Even next day after your offer of the new variety (I had this !) eBay will have the seeds for sale.
Do it like Frank Garcia did with Red Savina, keep everything secret and claim a PVP as soon as possible, then look for serious contract growers and keep them under strict control.
They pay royalties and take 100% risk and are not interested that seeds are spread around the world.

But....this costs money, nerves and requires a top sales and marketing team.

If you want to go to the beach whenever you want, have vacations and time for other things, do it like I do.
Grow what YOU like and offer it to the market.
Don´t invest too much in short living record holders!

Peter

I have never paid for a seed and never will. I have never sold seeds and never will. Anyone who is in this scene for money, owes everything to the internet, not their peppers. Want to know how I judge which peppers are the hottest? I grow monster plants and let them speak for themselves. If they are worth keeping, they end up like my fatalii as a 7 year old tree. All these people arguing over owning a plant make me laugh. I should start my own pepper judging organization...

Further more, if they were really concerned with creating hotter fruit, they would re think their cultivation methods...
Good for you. I admire people with passion about a subject. However don't you think that may be a huge sweeping generalisation?? Plenty of people made money before the internet. Some people do not have the room/situation to overwinter for 7 years straight or grow monster plants. No matter what you do cultivation wise genetics of a plant dictate exactly how hot that plants pods can get (I know cultivation methods will dictate how far those boundaries will be pushed).
Also some people buy seeds as they may not have access to trades especially early on or may not mind supporting a local business.
Not trying to stir but Maybe step down off the soap box every once in a while to see you may not be typical in your growing situation ??

Agreed. I guess it did come across as a bit of an over generalization, but I still feel strongly about what I said. Im not a soap box type, and surely don't desire to be that, so thanks for the check. In no way was I attempting to imply that if you don't over winter, that you're any less of a grower. That was just a suggestion, more or less, on a great way to keep good genetics. Also, nothing wrong with supporting local businesses either. Again, I still feel pretty strongly about what I said. Generalization or not, its "generally applicable" :)

Also, send all your "hottest peppers in the world" to www.sendganjaguruyourpeppersfortesting.com :)

Agreed. I guess it did come across as a bit of an over generalization, but I still feel strongly about what I said. Im not a soap box type, and surely don't desire to be that, so thanks for the check. In no way was I attempting to imply that if you don't over winter, that you're any less of a grower. That was just a suggestion, more or less, on a great way to keep good genetics. Also, nothing wrong with supporting local businesses either. Again, I still feel pretty strongly about what I said. Generalization or not, its "generally applicable" :)

Also, send all your "hottest peppers in the world" to www.sendganjaguruyourpeppersfortesting.com :)
Haha all good. Like I said not trying to stir and I am glad you saw it for what it was. Cheers!!

Just to add my two cents worth, I really don't get continually chasing the hottest pepper available. I bought Bhuts when they were (supposedly) the hottest in the world, and then they were dethroned by another pepper that was also dethroned. By the time you buy the seeds for the hottest pepper, germinate and grow them to maturity you will probably already hear a buzz about how that pepper has been beaten and is no longer top dog. I prefer to find peppers that I enjoy and that I am willing to eat, dry, or turn into sauce that I would eat on a regular basis. My heat limit is at about the Bhut level, so anything hotter than that is a novelty pepper to me. I don't do novelty peppers.

Just to add my two cents worth, I really don't get continually chasing the hottest pepper available. I bought Bhuts when they were (supposedly) the hottest in the world, and then they were dethroned by another pepper that was also dethroned. By the time you buy the seeds for the hottest pepper, germinate and grow them to maturity you will probably already hear a buzz about how that pepper has been beaten and is no longer top dog. I prefer to find peppers that I enjoy and that I am willing to eat, dry, or turn into sauce that I would eat on a regular basis. My heat limit is at about the Bhut level, so anything hotter than that is a novelty pepper to me. I don't do novelty peppers.
+1 for sure

I have no interest in novelty myself, I grow some purple peppers just to get the little lady off my back about growing over 150 plants every year (and purple is her favorite color) and other than that I grow what I like to eat! I know I may be in the minority here, but I truly love the flavor and heat of the super hots! I like them whole, chopped fresh, powdered or turned into sauce, not to mention the fact that many of them are fun to look at, and though I may be growing most of the hottest in the world, I could give a flying F**K about which one the hottest in the world is! Lets find out which pepper is the tastiest in the world! How about someone comes up with the yumminess scale and we assign DTUs(delicious taste units) I only care that I grow peppers that are hot, delicious and I know have no pesticides other than the occasional garden safe insecticidal soap and only organic fertilizers, no harsh chemicals, or genetically modified crap! I am no hippy but I feel better knowing that 90% of the food me and my family eat comes from 10 miles or less away, and is raised or grown by good people I know and trust w/ the health and safety of my family!
and sorry if I accidentally knocked over the tide and decided to climb on top of it ;)
-paul

Primo, your real? :lol: It's good to meet you sir. glad you came back to THP. The 7primo was one of my top5 most wanted seeds last year and I'm real happy to be growing it this year. Sounds like you've been away from the pepper world for awhile.. Well, I'm sure you have noticed alot has changed in the superhot world lol. if your interested in growing some of the new supers out there let me know this fall, I'd be glad to put a care package together.

To the whole community,
ALL of this entire thread is really just.. "talk" obviously but here's my questions on the whole primo deal. I have tried it personally, YES, it is freaking hot. Was it the hottest I've tried. No.. Obviously there's a million variables and factors involved in each pod, where it's grown, how, yadda yadda. Hypothetically speaking, if the HP22B is truely a 7primo, and possibly the new record holder..

1. Wouldn't there be a huge amount of people, and members of course, claiming it's one of the hottest pods they have tried? I've seen my share of people and members chile testing primos and I've yet to ever hear "It's the hottest pepper I've ever had" I've frequently heard/read that quote from people trying 5 different superhots, none of them being the 7pot primo.. Not saying it's not an amazing pepper at all, I just think if it happened to be world record breaking heat, we would have heard that quite a few times by now.

2. I too have seen Ed's FB page, read it, saw the photos, I've watched Ted try the pods on video, etc.. This is just my opinion of course, but the guy does not by any means seem like he's out to start a bunch of controversy. Nor does he seem like his ultimate goal in life is to be the record holder(like some growers I know) It could be all a front but really.. who does that? Especially in the chile community, sorry but there's just as much drama surrounding the ol' "who has the hottest!" as there is on Jersey Shore. It's pretty dumb if you ask me.

3. If it is infact a 7pod primo. Why would he name it something else when all you would have to do is a DNA test to find out if the guy is full of shit? I'm sorry but if I was Ed, or anyone shooting for the hottest, the last thing your gonna do is re-name a pre existing pepper, claim it to be yours, have your name printed on 5billion guiness books, all the while hoping that someone doesn't genetically prove your full of shit and you look like a complete jackass for the rest of your life.

4. I've seen 100s of photos of 7Primos grown in dozens of climates and states. I've seen a few dozen photos of the HP22B. Yes they do look similar. Along with 100s of other superhot varieties. Personally I've never seen a 7pod primo as bumpy and knarly looking as some of the HP22B pictures.

I'm not saying it isn't a primo, but if I had to make a bet.. My money would be on the fact that it is indeed.. Not the 7Pod Primo.

Just my 2 cents ladies n gents.

Brandon

Thanks for having me in the top 5 brother.... It has been a long time and a lot has changed! You maybe had a few forums and something called myspace back in 2005. The hottest was the naga.....then came the 7 pots, then the scorpions, etc.. Lots of varients of a theme. Then I probably got lost making an album in 2009 and went awol......

Anyway, very cool indeed. I would love to trade someday....

I'm not going to spend a lot of time chasing heat levels. If I was that worried about records, I would have shown my face back around here years ago. ha Now, if someone actually ripped me, then that's different. Disheartening. ULL would definetely conduct dna; they love claiming intellectual property if they know r&d was used in their facilities.

I'm more interested in starting a spice/sauce company based on many different peppers. Appreciate all of the welcomes and kind words. Have a great weekend all.

Primo
officialsanteria.com

@Primo,

I had the first seeds of Bhut jolokia and I had very early Trinidad Scorpion and Trinidad Douglah, I had original Trinidad Morouga in the fridge (Thank You Chris !!!) and didn´t know that it would be the next world record holder.

Beleave me, don´t invest in record holders!

I´m running a top seed service for many years and the big money is made with something trivial like South American Ajis, Jalapeños, Cayenne, Rocotos and standard Habaneros.

If you still want to make money with a record holder, don´t publish the blablabla of Pepper Joe and try to sell seeds (that you don´t have in hands) as early as possible.
Before !! your next season, a number of vendors will offer your variety and reduce your incomes to standard Ancho sales.
Even next day after your offer of the new variety (I had this !) eBay will have the seeds for sale.
Do it like Frank Garcia did with Red Savina, keep everything secret and claim a PVP as soon as possible, then look for serious contract growers and keep them under strict control.
They pay royalties and take 100% risk and are not interested that seeds are spread around the world.

But....this costs money, nerves and requires a top sales and marketing team.

If you want to go to the beach whenever you want, have vacations and time for other things, do it like I do.
Grow what YOU like and offer it to the market.
Don´t invest too much in short living record holders!

Peter

Yeah man.... I can see a lot of these peppers being niche, the world record is the lotto, and the cash cow is the common varieties or "organic" grown seed.
That's why my focus in food items.

Thanks for the info bro.

Rock on,
Primo

We rollout the Carolina Reaper or HP22B Labor Day weekend in conjunction with the Press Releases. This will IGNITE the chilehead community with excitement.
Ed Currie has done this project right. 100% right!! Go ED!!
Ed has implimented great Scoville Unit testing and growing for over a 4/5 year testing that will legitimize the Carolina Reaper Pepper as the Worlds New Hottest. But MORE important, I've enjoyed several HP22B Pods already, and it is SO tasty and delicious. And man, it grows like a Weed.
So that I don't take away Ed's thunder, I'll leave the rest to him to explain at Press Release and beyond.

We're giving THP Members an advance heads up, so if you're interested you can get in on the initial Seed offering before we sell out.
You can get put on our Email Notification/Reminder list just by sending an email with "HP22B" in the Subj. to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com or SmokinED@puckerbuttpeppercompany.com
We will be the only two exclusive Seed Vendors.

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P
carolina reaper first 1,000 seed packs.jpg

Me and Ed solidifying our Deal yesterday, August 11th.
carolina reaper profile wicked witch.jpg

Doesn't it even look like an evil witches profile? Appropriate!
carolina reaper7.jpg

Hot Hot Hot! But MORE important what a delicious pepper.
carolina reaper cocked and loaded.jpg

Carolina Reaper AKA HP22b is Cocked and Loaded! YEA!!! What a tough job.

Moved to Promotion. Please do not promote your pepper seeds in the discussion area.

Fair enough Admin. I will certainly comply. THANKS for the heads up.
Now to the rest o fyou....TALK TO ME....What do you think of the New Record Holder?
Enough documentation for ya?
:)
Fiery REgards,
Pepper Joe

Fair enough Admin. I will certainly comply. THANKS for the heads up.
Now to the rest o fyou....TALK TO ME....What do you think of the New Record Holder?
Enough documentation for ya?
:)
Fiery REgards,
Pepper Joe

I am speaking as a consumer and NOT as a business on the following response. Just want to make that clear before moving on. I respect PepperJoe as a businessman and do not intend this as a criticism of him. I am just offering my honest feedback.

Nope, still honestly looks like a Primo to me. Are there more than one picture of pods? It seems like the same picture keeps making its way around, but I will admit I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread. I stopped somewhere around page 10 when it started. Can we get a picture of say 100 pods so that we can see the variability?

I mean no disrespect, but if I was launching something that is supposed to turn the chili world upside down I would get some professional pictures taken.
Until that happens I cannot honestly say I can see the difference. They look so similar to me that I can't see spending the money on seeds when I already have Primo seeds waiting for some space in the greenhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back