Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Right man, I started this....I gotta finish it.

FREE SEEDS CONTEST...."Name the next Worlds Hottest Pepper"

6 Big Winners will recieve 8 packs of FREE SEEDS from Pepper Joe's.
The Free seeds will be:

* Yellow Ghost
* Filius Blue
* Chicken Heart
* Purple Jalapeno
* EZ Gro Jalapeno
* Cayenne Blend
* Marglobe Tomato
* Mr. Stripey Tomato
($31 Value with S + H)

Plus we'll toss in a few surprises too.

One Grand Winner will ALSO get a Free "Volcano in a Box". ($50 Value with Shipping)
The 'Grand Winner' will have picked our #1 Choice for the name of the next Worlds Hottest.

volcano_in_a_box2.jpg

"Volcano in a Box"

Here's the details:
6 Winners picked next week....so you can still grow them this year if you want to.
I'll list the 6 winners right here...then just email me your mailing address. We'll ship them right out.
Winners based on originality, creativity and marketing potential.
I'll pick the 6 winners.
The names you already posted WILL be entered...post as many more as you want. (I've seen some awesome names already). Post as many times as you want.

The "Filius Blue" is a cool pepper that makes a great border plant too.
filius_blue_pepper.jpg

Hey Gang....have fun and Good Luck.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

OK so I've got questions again. Sorry Joe, can't help it.

Wouldn't the guy who creates the thing want to name it? Do you get to name it? What if the guy who created it wants to call it one thing and you want to call it another? Do they sell it under their name and you sell it under your name?

Anyway nice of you to offer some pepper bling.

How about the W.S.S.B.B.? Pronounced ˈwä-sə-bē. (just like wasabi) Stands for Wanna Smell Some Burning Butthair

Nice Offer Pepper Joe!

but i hope you will give seeds of this Nuke Bomb pepper!!!!

Here's some suggestion:

- color - Nuke pepper
- color - Dynasty
-color - Eagle claw
guillotine
machette
Hades
Fang
Knife
Sword
Katana
Shuriken
Shrapnell
Napalm
Cinder
Conflagration
Bonfire
Coal
Flash
Ash
Death
Vampire
Quake
Spine
spade
slayer
Flametongue
Meltdown
Hellfire
Diablo
Enfer (hell in french)
Drano
Burner
Full Throttle
Angel Kiss
Vortex
Black Hole
Eclipse
Lizard
Tarantula
Spider
Flamethrower
Origami
Daredevil
Genesis
Typhoon
Skull
Rising Sun
Fiero
Volcano
Fury
Titan
Sirocco
inquisitor
Goliath
Lion
My Favorite
5th Horsemen

and the previously mentioned (Thunder, Biohazard, 14 pots, Shark, Piranah, Zeus, shotgun, omega, Harakiri, suicide....)

Is this open to members from the UK? If so:

Tongue Impaler
Tonsil Torturer
Throat Thermite
Throne Burner
Devils Dropping
7 Pot Serpent
Higgs Boson
Neutrino Burner
Lip Atomizer
Tectonic Flame

and various plays on the above.

I'm surprised no one jumped on the moby dick/white whale thing...

Its an apt correlation for those that hunt the hottest at the expense of everything (as we've seen done recently by other members of the community) including credibility and integrity.

Do we need a lit 101 refresher course? or am I just the only one that found it funny? :P

Rattlesnake Chili, Doom Chili (has this been said? if so sorry, and I like it), P.I.T.A. Chilly (pain in the - well you get it), Vulcanizer (one who converts plants to rubber IE a tire repair shop in the 3rd world would make use of these techniques), Vesuvius chili, Krakatoa, St. Helens Chili (mt st helens), pinatubo chili, zephyrvescing Lava chili (zephyr being a soft breeze, portmanteau'd with Effervescing which means to bubble, joined to Lava, gentle bubbly and breeze LAVA...), The Joepocalypse chili, Serial Killer, More later :)

Devil's Tail
Devil's kiss
Viper Kiss
Snake Tongue
Serpent Tongue
Anarchy
Fissure
Molten Chile
Insanity Chile
Ennui
Macabre Chile
Supernova
Vein Popper
Tongue Blister

7^7 Pot
Tsar Pepper (after the largest Nuke)
VEI 8 (After the Volcanic ExplosivityIndex)
Extinction Event
Nuclear Fusion (would fit if it is a Hybrid)
Solar Flare

7 Pot²
The 49er
The Concert for Bangladesh
Derek and his hot Dominoe
Clavasaurus Erectus
Burnibus almost everythingus
Just one time pepper
What's the Point Pepper

Hey Gang.
The response to this is fantastic...awesome names are popping up.
Now I'm wishing I wasn't the judge because this is going to be tough to pick from.

Let me kind of update how I'll be viewing this...so EVERYBODY has a chance to win.
These are just my lil opinions...but by sharing my perspective with you...some folks may want to tweak.
Overall here's how I'm viewing them (again, just my view)

Creativity....A+...Man, I want some of you to help me with next years catalog and website. :halo:
Originality....A....Great Job. No Trinidad this, Scorpions that, Aji this....even the 7 Pod stuff was mostly tongue in cheek.
Marketing Potential.....C.... In this THP group you would 'get it' with just about any name that's chosen. Outside of this group, would the average gardener...or occasional Chilehead? My vote would be to choose a name that is easy to remember, gives you a strong visual and just kind of 'sticks' like flypaper. :halo:
From this perspective, The Ghost is an A+. The Butch T Trinidad Scorpion is a C-. Although it's an accurate name in many ways, I'm just talking Marketing...in JUST MY OPINION. 1 syllable vs. 8 syllables. Although you do get a nice visual with 'Scorpion'. I bought a bottle of Butch T Hot Sauce that has great graphics. Easy to remember for the average guy on the street that may use it twice a year?.... NO WAY.
I get so many emails, comments at trade shows, etc..."That Butch pepper", "the Scorpion", "Trinidad something", etc. Just saying.
That's one reason I love the name Ghost Pepper...hats off to whoever came up with it.
I'm surprised how many average gardeners do remember Bhut Jolokia?? I was way wrong on that one.
Anyway, household names today are Cayenne, Jalapeno, Habanero, etc. There's a reason.
Go back and look at some of the names and see if you agree on the visual factor, the remember factor, the roll off the tongue factor, etc.
I don't want to single out any names that I'd give an A+ in marketing, but there are a dozen or so that I'd go with as the new name on this post already.
Clarification: I'm not choosing the name...the other guys are. I tossed "Grim Reaper" in the hat and I think it's their 2nd choice.
Also, I never said this new pepper will be over 2,000,000 Scoville units. I need to go back and read my posts to see where that came from.
MY Guess is the MEAN number will be about 1.3 Million units. I don't know what it will be. And I doubt seriously that it's from China...I said the Chemist dude thought some peppers labeled Trinidad...originated from China.
But PLEASE...I don't want to start that all up again.
Let's just have some fun with this until we hear the final word...which i hope is soon...but I have no control over that.
Fact or Fiction? I sure hope fact.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

good Pepper joe :)

you will have a big list ;)

can you tell more about the pepper? long thin big bulk small narrow blue pink red green,,, that could help with names

You know, even if Joepacalypse isn't chosen for the pepper name, you might could use it as one of your combo boxes ;) Just a thought. It could come with a pain garantee :P

Speaking of Pain, that would be a fair name for a new pepper,
So would:
Trauma
Breath Stopper.
death
I still think Hannibal chili illicits some of the scary imagery that should accompany the consumption of a superhot.

I like simply: Fatal, but its close to fatali... Most people wouldn't recognize that outside of THP though I think...
Cryptonic (of or pertaining to cryptonite - Ie this pepper is so hot, even superman can't eat it).

I've been digging deep and thinking of "scary" animal names... Every year my parents, aunts uncles, cousins, - everyone - goes to the Florida Keys and goes diving for lobster. Its a tradition... I've swam with sharks, stingray, grabbed sea urchins, rubbed up against fire coral... When I stick my hand in a hole, the thing that terrifies me the most, is that instead of a nice tasty lobster, I'll find the mouth of a morray eel... These ugly buggers will tear you up, and end your vacation early if they get a hold of you. They can sever fingers, cause serious infections, and make you a liability to everyone else whose diving (blood = sharks = done diving). Most of the time when we see sharks, its no big deal, they are less interested in you, than you might be in one of them... There are a few exceptions of course, but most of the time you don't see hammer heads, or tiger sharks (though I have swam - albeit briefly) with both. Even so, its the moray that haunts my dreams...
They are often refered to as the perfect predator.
Here is a picture:
pic286.jpg

(picture not mine)

The only predator that a Moray has, are bigger morays (and people... but to a lesser extent because they can't be eaten)

With this context, and great marketing backstory "Moray chili" is my next suggestion.

dragonsbreath is another good one.

Dragonsbane

King or King of Pain

Undertaker (though there would likely be royalty issues with the wrestler).

emperor

Muerte Veritas - which in the days of rome meant truth, and meant that you aquired this (knowledge) or truth... Muerte means death.

King/emperor muerte

Fuego (fire in spanish)

more later :)

hmm... More to come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back