• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pruning and New Growth

Hey Gang,
       I have a peach bhut that I brought inside this winter and it has been growing good.  I'm having trouble getting it to grow how I would like it to though.  It seem to just want to shoot out one branch when I want it to develop a nice Y.  What am I doing wrong with this thing?  [img]
Thanks

Peach Bhut by snowballaf, on Flickr[/img]

Hey snowman, just let it grow, I'm asumming you have a lot of time till it can go out side again, just let grow, dont keep sniping it or it will just stree out and notdo anthing. So just let her grow, feed her, make her happy, then when she a couple feet tall cut her in half only leave a couple of leaves. She will form a Y.

You should look at praxxus on youtube he has a whole bunch of pepper trimming vid very smart guy

Also if your interested ill give you a like to my youtube and you can see my pepper plants, one off them has stem probly an inch thick with a huge natral Y

kylec said:
Hey snowman, just let it grow, I'm asumming you have a lot of time till it can go out side again, just let grow, dont keep sniping it or it will just stree out and notdo anthing. So just let her grow, feed her, make her happy, then when she a couple feet tall cut her in half only leave a couple of leaves. She will form a Y.
You should look at praxxus on youtube he has a whole bunch of pepper trimming vid very smart guy
Also if your interested ill give you a like to my youtube and you can see my pepper plants, one off them has stem probly an inch thick with a huge natral Y
I have seen a few of his videos, he seems to know what's up, I will have to look up his pepper trimming ones.
Thanks

Let it go. It's going to put out chutes all over where those old leaves used to be. They just like to take their time and everything will be fine.

What kind of light is it getting?

A couple days after I posted this thread the little guy started sprouting the other half of his Y.  Smiley, This plant is sitting by a super warm and bright south facing window.  I'm really quite impressed with the growth of the plants I have in those windows.  My hab plant has a few pods on it, I'm pretty stoked to have fresh pods over the winter, I was just shooting for plants that were still alive come spring.    

Back