• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pubescens Thread - CMPMAN1974 - 2009

I have the first flowers (7 of them yesterday afternoon) on my manzanos...just hope they set fruit and ripen before first frost...

great looking huge pods...

AlabamaJack said:
I have the first flowers (7 of them yesterday afternoon) on my manzanos...just hope they set fruit and ripen before first frost...

great looking huge pods...

That's why I love living on the California Bay Are. We don't really get frost. I'll be picking Manzanos and Rocotos at the end of December.

in the last two days, my monzanos are flowering like crazy...can't tell if I have had any fruit set yet and I have about 9 weeks before first frost/freeze...do you think I will get any ripe pods by then?

Nice pods Cmpman and Scarpetti. Harvested a handful of yellow manzanos here so far, no pics but will get some of the next.

Fruit set took forever! And I agree on the ripening process taking as long. The only three plants I have of C. Pubescens that have made it get light from sun up till about noon. Some of my fussier plants, but really love the flavors!

I really can't believe how large these are. They rival apples in size seriously.

P1080468.jpg

P1080467.jpg

Now this is a biggin'! When you can stick a yellow 7 pot INSIDE the Rocoto, you know it's large. :) The bottom of these pods is unlike any I've ever seen too.

Chris

P1080509.jpg

P1080510.jpg

P1080521-1.jpg

Richard here Talas`s brother what a wonderful selection of p`s you have grown and the last picture is my Favourite combo To. :)

Thanks Richard. :) Nice to see you posting. By the way, how's your season going? Any luck growing those rare wilds? I'd love to see pictures.

One more Pubescens today. This plant is neat in that the leaves are fuzzier than most. The pods are heatless almost. Interesting.

Chris

P1080537.jpg

Back